PS3Key PS JailBreak PS3 ModChip Feature List & Pricing Detailed
Previously we announced news of the PS3Key PS JailBreak device for PlayStation 3, and today they have updated their site (linked above) with a feature list and pricing via Twitter, as follows:
"Release will be in a few weeks, recommended retail price set at USD49!"
PS3Key Feature List
- USB Plug and Play solution that installs in seconds without any need to open up the PS3.
- Does not break your warranty seal.
- Compatible with all PS3 models, both Fat and Slim.
- Supports all regions: USA, JAP, PAL and KOREA.
- USB device fully updatable by PC.
- Disables forced software updates and will never brick your console.
- Supports most games and homebrew applications.
- Easy-to-use software for backing up, managing, and playing games from external USB Hard Drive.
- Playing games from HDD is much more enjoyable, benefiting from greatly enhanced seek and loading times.
- Supports installing homebrew application on PS3 and external USB media.
- Optionally PS3Key can be supplied with an "open" firmware which does not support backup loading. Users would then have to download a firmware update for PS3Key to get full functionality.
More PlayStation 3 News...
By the time this comes out everybody will already be groovy.
i think a price point around $35 - $40 might entice some users not too comfortable at the idea of working with chips (even though in this particular case its as simple as it gets)
I really hope they came up with their own code and aren't just using ps groove on their chips
Thnx for the news, yet another option for us : great, are those the same that came along with 'wiikey' or not ?
as said before, 30-40 dollars is a good price, not much more than a teensyboard and without the hassle.
50$ is still too much money considering the ongoing ports to the PSP, Nokia phones, Android phones etc.
I wouldn't pay more than 30 bucks for one of these. Nobody knows how easily you can update these devices and if they will allow you to remove the dongle without crashing/restarting the PS3.
The alternatives seem to be cheaper and more open to flexibility and updates. x3jailbreak will supposedly be cheaper than this.