Tutorial on the way!
Here is a signed version of PS3Jib. Can someone please test it? Thanks
Cool. Thanks Brandon Wilson for giving those without a phone, ipod, or a TI calculator the chance to downgrade or unbrick their PS3 with their PSP!!!
now we just need one made to run on PS3 that does the same in reverse. What I am trying to say is that a ps3 homebrew app that could put psp-go and for PSP-3000 in service mode. But, we would still need a custom adapter to connect the USB cable to a MS Pro Duo slot. Its a nice dream and probably impossible too, But we can still dream.
Hey here's an Idea! Make a PS3 homebrew app that reprograms the original PS jailbreak and its clones to except 3rd party payloads and dongle IDs. It might happen now that Graf Chokolo has made a Hybrid Linux/GameOS! Can't wait to see the look on people's faces as their jaws drop when they finally understand the PS3's potential for creative brilliance has been fully realized!!! Thanks again for the psp jig. Now I don't have to re flash my dongles so often.
PS3Jig Downgrade Tutorial
1. Download the files provided below for your firmware. 3.50 or 3.55
3.50 Downgrade Files: http://www.fileserve.com/file/u6QmTmJ
3.55 Downgrade Files: http://www.fileserve.com/file/5zT8dmN
2. Start with your PS3 turned off completely. If your using a FAT ps3, flip the switch in the back. Slim users will need to unplug the power cable.
3. Run PS3Jig on your PSP then connect your PSP to your PS3 via USB Cable.
4. Do the power cycle like you normally would to jailbreak your PS3. (Power then Eject)
5. You may see some screen flickers. You will not have a picture on your screen. The PS3 will shut itself off.
6. Format a USB flash drive. Make sure there is nothing left on the flash drive.
7. Copy over the PS3UPDAT.PUP and the first Lv2diag.self file onto the root of your flash drive. There should be nothing else but these two files on your flash drive.
Alternatively, copy PS3UPDAT.PUP and the first Lv2diag.self onto the root of your PSP Memory Stick.
8. Plug the flash drive into the right-most USB port if your PS3 is laying down, or the top USB port if it is standing up.
Alternatively, Plug the PSP into the right-most USB port if your PS3 is laying down, or the top USB port if it is standing up.
9. Power on the machine. Don't do the normal Jailbreak power cycle. Just power it on. You will get no picture. You will have to wait until it shuts itself off again, which takes about 10 minutes. DO NOT get antsy and think it froze on you and shut it off prematurely. Give it up to an hour before doing anything drastic.
10. Once the PS3 shuts itself off again, plug your flash drive back into your computer again and delete the "PS3UPDAT.PUP" and the "Lv2diag.self" files. Once deleted, copy over the second Lv2diag.self file to the root of your flash drive. Again, this should be the only file on your flash drive.
11. Once the file is on your flash drive, plug it into the same port you had it in before in your PS3 and turn the power on. Again, just a normal power on, no Jailbreak power cycle.
It will stay at a black screeen until it is ready and then shut itself off. Once that is done, remove your flash drive.
Congratulations! You are now done!
Thanks boss, Can anyone confirm if the signed version of PS3Jig works?
02-06-2011 #17Banned User
- Join Date
- Apr 2007
Also you could have mentioned just using the psp in normal usb mode with the lv2diag.self and the ps3updat.pup on the memory card, then it would not require any other hardware to unbrick/downgrade, maybe the creator could include the option of switching to normal usb mass storage mode when it senses ps3 rebooting! now that would be a nice feature, all in one unbricking app with all pups required and lv2diags file available included? anyone able to mod the source to do this?
P.S. I want credit for idea, joke!
Yes the PSP memory stick could be used but correct me if i'm wrong but ONLY the PUP & self should be present on the flash drive/memory stick. So, if you wanted to use your PSP's memory stick you would need to erase it completely then put PUP & self on it. I dunno about you but i don't want to erase my PSP memory stick every time i want to downgrade. I suppose if you have 2 memory sticks it wouldn't be an issue.
02-06-2011 #19Banned User
- Join Date
- Apr 2007
No , device being empty or whatever is not a problem I use a 16GB USB with loads of stuff on it without any problems, I think its a myth that got sarted in an old tutorial.
Good to know, i have updated the tutorial above.
I sent brandon an email telling him how to add the ability to sign his PS3Jig, its super easy to add this ability to Minimalist PSPSDK. Copy 2 files to pspsdk directory & add one line of code to makefile (ENCRYPT=1).