We've seen the PS3 Exploit performed with an SX28, Atmega8 and Parallel/LPT1 Port, so here are some pics, a schematic and source code to run the PlayStation 3 exploit via USB Keyboard with an LED.
Maybe some of you don't want to open the PS3 just because if you install the exploiter hardware, it would look ugly.
Or just wanna hide/integrate, so it won't interfere, deattach,... etc if you have to move the "box". Even if neither, I think it looks better, work better if you install inside.
So, how to do?
Install a faux-keyboard to one of the usb and connect a wire to the "magic-point".
- the schematic (final version)
- the breadboard model (first probe.. one led differs)
- the "internal usb" ---- DO NOT USE THIS PORT AFTER YOU INSTALLED THIS!
- the usual attack point
- pic about the installed device... covered in lot of electrical tape
- armed hw
- pic after a successful exploit
- source codes for atmega and for ps3 (misnamed as pc.. sry)
- as you can see, it uses a mere 12MHz crystal, yet also works (some times it kill the HID-manager, but often work)
- the leds in the last two pics are inside, no hole needed as the external cover is more-or-less transparent, just align it to a hole
Now how it's work?
If the hw armed by kbd_led-sequence (you can send the appropriate code by the included programs) then if the scroll-lock led is lit, after a pre_delay, the hw will send pls_cnt number of pulse with pls_ms rate. All 3 parameter is programmable via led-sequences (prgs incuded). All values should be in range from 1 to 254. (my current setting are: pre_ms=100, pls_ms=25, pls_cnt=150)
You can disarm also as in default, so it will not mess with the system and you can't activate it by accident.
I tried to include an automatic led-switch code to xorhack code, but it was mostly ineffective. So the best bet is to push the scroll-lock in the keyboard.
ps: the blaze ps2->vga adapter work with ps3 too - in game_os scrart/rgb 576p and 16:9 is the max (without YUV-RGB conversion), but in linux there is RGB 720p mode... and: if you installed the openssh-server, you can also connect to the ps3 with scp / winscp for file-transfer.
More PlayStation 3 News...