Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Page 3 of 3 First ... 23
    romiso Guest
    thanx a lot guys for all your help and information ...

before replacing the laser and being eventually stuck with the same problem after that, i`m going to play it safe and try the bluray movie option first - one question about that:

i`ve read CJPCs faq and read that those AV Testing units have the ability to turn HDCP on and off.. so i checked in my debug settings and this option is available.. is this option available for everyone due to a firmware update or is it a sign that my unit could be a AV Testing unit?

thanks again in advance

CJPC Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by romiso View Post
    thanx a lot guys for all your help and information ...

before replacing the laser and being eventually stuck with the same problem after that, i`m going to play it safe and try the bluray movie option first - one question about that:

i`ve read CJPCs faq and read that those AV Testing units have the ability to turn HDCP on and off.. so i checked in my debug settings and this option is available.. is this option available for everyone due to a firmware update or is it a sign that my unit could be a AV Testing unit?

thanks again in advance
    All TEST's have the ability to disable/enable HDCP. Furthermore, if you were able to update your FW without any issue, its a real TEST.

Due to that, The Blu-Ray movie will not work. I suppose if you REALLY want to check it - install linux (or even use SAK) and try to make a backup (or even explore the disk) of a PS1/PS2 game - if it can't / is hard - the laser is probably screwed!

Page 3 of 3 First ... 23