Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    romiso Guest
    like i said i tried burned as well as retails...

do you know a good place where to buy a drive + replacement laser? haven`t found any used blurays so i have to go to the videostore this weekend....

it works great with ps3 retails perfect so lets see what the bluray movie test brings out...

there are the bluray + dvd + cd logos and a view others on top...

Warrorar Guest
    i think its easier if you make a picture of it and post it here. se we can see exactly what is all available

greeting
    Warrorar

romiso Guest
    alright... here is a picture of what it says on top.

hope that helps...

shummyr Guest
    It is a Retail Console.

itwong Guest

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by shummyr View Post
    It is a Retail Console.
    It looks like a retail console to me since debug/test does not have blu-ray logo on the case. Well, if the debug menu works, it's definitely a debug unit. You said it plays retail ps3 games fine, then the board and blu-ray drive are a matching set. All you need is to replace the blu-ray drive laser len.

model number is KES-400AAA. Ebay is a good place for that. good luck

another possibility is someone put a DECHA00A back panel on a DECHJ00A 40gb debug/test unit. Hence, it won't play ps1/ps2 games.

romiso Guest
    ok now i`m pretty confused... the enclosure says playstation 3 test... on the (back where the outputs are) is a sticker with serial saying DECHA00A at the end.. at the bottom is another sticker saying playstation debugging station.... i`m running debugging fw 3.20 and it plays retail ps3 games it also says that Im able to downgrade to FW 1.00.

also can access the SAK (don`t know if this info is important) - but for now it only plays ps3 retails... i`ve tried every other media CD-R + DVD-R nothing happens, nothing shows up -> if the unit is retail it would at least play dvd retail movies ?! but it doesn't...

i`ve access to the debugging settings and i can start the ps3 in debug mode.. but i get an error when i try to access _PS3app (think thats its name) folder in games section...

so how can i check if i got a retail unit in a debug case? i`m buying a bluray movie this weekend and will see what happens...

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by romiso View Post
    so how can i check if i got a retail unit in a debug case? i`m buying a bluray movie this weekend and will see what happens...
    If it plays Blu-ray moves then ya, it's not a Debug. Another way to check if you have a Debug PS3 in a Retail PS3 case is to try running the PS3 Debug PKG Test File on it... if it runs and displays "PS3News.com!" then it's a Debug, if returns an "80029567" error as it is activating prior to downloading then it's not.

romiso Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    If it plays Blu-ray moves then ya, it's not a Debug. Another way to check if you have a Debug PS3 in a Retail PS3 case is to try running the PS3 Debug PKG Test File on it... if it runs and displays "PS3News.com!" then it's a Debug, if returns an "80029567" error as it is activating prior to downloading then it's not.
    ok that worked just fine...

CJPC Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by romiso View Post
    ok now i`m pretty confused... the enclosure says playstation 3 test... on the (back where the outputs are) is a sticker with serial saying DECHA00A at the end.. at the bottom is another sticker saying playstation debugging station.... i`m running debugging fw 3.20 and it plays retail ps3 games it also says that Im able to downgrade to FW 1.00.
    Yeah, your system is a debug - can't always go by the cases, first runs, or last runs of Debug units for a model will at times have different cases, markings, they may even just use a retail case (as in, does not say TEST etc)

However, as others have said - it may indeed be your laser. Of course, burn the disks at the lowest speed possible on a good media - and give a listen to the unit, see if you hear it "struggling" at all or not. If so - a new laser may be in your future.

itwong Guest

Big Grin

In my case, when CD/DVD inserted, the drive does not even recognize there is a disc present. Hence, no spining disc logo on screen. but when blu-ray games or movies inserted, it works just fine. Definitely a problem with your laser. Well, the good side is you indeed have a working debug/test unit. Just get the laser replaced and you should be good to go.

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last