Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PS3 SELF / SPRX Decrypter Homebrew Application Arrives

denunes Guest
    does the libdivxdec.sprx open up ok?

it would be nice to mess around in the divx codec and change that from divx311 to divx7.

mkv support...

atlask2 Guest
    divx = codec
    mkv = container

barbnjason Guest

SELF/SPRX Decrypter Updated

Heden of DeLiGhT has released SELF/SPRX Decrypter that has been updated to V0.6 BETA. The new release features vastly improved stability and it no longer hangs. It is also now capable of decrypting a wider variety of files.

From the Change Log:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SELF/SPRX DECRYPTER - V0.6 BETA
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

SELF/SPRX DECRYPTER

12/04/10 - V0.5B - Initial BETA Release
    - Decrypting internal PS3's SELF/SPRX files
    [BETA - The decrypter hangs on some files]

12/12/10 - V0.6B - Second BETA Release
    - More stability (no hangs anymore)
    - Much more files can now be decrypted

Arrow

I have added the update to the first post as well- Thanks for the follow-up barbnjason and +Rep.

PS3 SELF / SPRX Decrypter Homebrew Application Source Code Out

Following up on his previous updates, this weekend PlayStation 3 developer Heden of DeLiGhT has made available the source code for his PS3 SELF / SPRX Decrypter v0.6 BETA homebrew application below.

Download: PS3 SELF / SPRX Decrypter Homebrew Application Source Code / PS3 SELF / SPRX Decrypter Homebrew Application v0.6 / SELF SPRX Decrypter 0.6 - Source PKG.rar (Mirror)

To quote from the included ReadMe file:

SELF/SPRX DECRYPTER SOURCES

12/04/10 - V0.5B - Initial BETA Release
    • Decrypting internal PS3's SELF/SPRX files [BETA - The decrypter hangs on some files]

12/12/10 - V0.6B - Second BETA Release
    • More stability (no hangs anymore)
    • Much more files can now be decrypted
    • GameOS utilizes files to make the console work (I won't give details)
    • These files (SELF = EXE, SPRX = DLL) are stored in /dev_flash
    • This tool enables to decrypt these SELF/SPRX files
    • Such a decrypter will only help people who know what they do
    • The application is not yet capable to decrypt all files (coming soon !)

Some devs asked for the sources. I decided to release them. This tool may help to decrypt system files on DEX consoles

Greetings fly out to (no order):
    • Rupan (nice works dude !)
    • CrashSerial
    • Defyboy
    • Kakaroto
    • NDT
    • eussNL
    • Mas
    • Naehrwert
    • rms
    • The others I've forgotten...

[imglink=http://www.ps4news.com/images/ps3-self-sprx-decrypter-homebrew-application-source-code-out-31267-1.jpg|PS3 SELF / SPRX Decrypter Homebrew Application Source Code Out]http://www.ps4news.com/images.php?sm=1&f=ps3-self-sprx-decrypter-homebrew-application-source-code-out-31267-1.jpg&w=500&h=400[/imglink]
    [imglink=http://www.ps4news.com/images/ps3-self-sprx-decrypter-homebrew-application-source-code-out-31267-2.jpg|PS3 SELF / SPRX Decrypter Homebrew Application Source Code Out]http://www.ps4news.com/images.php?sm=1&f=ps3-self-sprx-decrypter-homebrew-application-source-code-out-31267-2.jpg&w=500&h=400[/imglink]
    More PlayStation 3 News...

pr0p0sitionJOE Guest
    I will test it on some games I cant decrypt executives like selfs or sprx properly, or at all. Eboots are least of my problems. If I could get now a pc edat decrypter [for psn games, not ps1]... There are no limits. Cmon, algo geniouses, code writers!

If this proves to be working as the man says, then I could throw out some more psn content.

Thanks, Boss. You keep on top of things as usual.

AlieNzZ Guest
    Thank you for this, will check it out

Also, I hope it works

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12