What can open up from this tool?
What can open up from this tool?
For example, you can swap X/O buttons on the PS3 Controller using it as follows:
- Use FTP to download /dev_flash2/etc/xRegistry.sys (create a copy just to be safe)
- Open with xRegistry.sys Editor
- Change the value of setting/system/buttonAssign from 00000000 to 0000001 and click save
- Save the file and upload it to /dev_flash2/etc/xRegistry.sys overwriting the existing file
This will permanently change the button layout, no need to go through this process again unless you want to revert back to the original button layout.
Among other things, likely region-free DVD and Blu-ray but time will tell for sure.
i'm not quite sure on that. i changed it to something other than my local one and i put it in a cd and it said "this video cannot be played".
i coulda sworn when it's in the wrong region it comes up with a different message.
Had a quick look through dev_flash maybe we need to look into the vsh>resource>explore>xmb folder looks interesting.
I have tried to changing every zone value, and you end up with the message "This disc cannot be played. The region code is not correct." I replicated stoker25's xRegister.
I think you will need to edit some more stuff in dev_flash. Or it is stored in the Bluray drive FW...
I have just ordered a new ps3 (EU), i have now a fat US model. When it comes, i will try to boot the EU dev_flash on, US model.
I am hoping on it will work.
you can change the ps3's region with this editor - maybe that'd help the dvd region?
and i haven't got "region code is not correct" as a message :| weird.
I think that is because you have put 0 in the dvdRegionCode settings.
i didnt just put 0, i had it on 6 and it said cannot play etc nothing about region, ever.
You guys need to reboot the system for the regions settings to take effect maybe?
I haven't used the program yet, but make sure you have the latest .net 4.0 framework and VC++ 2010's installed... that is generally a common issue when it comes to homemade applications.
Not sure which of the two did it, but it works now. Thanks!
• PlayStation 4 & PS4 News
• PS4 Guides & Tutorials
• PS4 Hacks & JailBreak
• PS4 Videos
• PlayStation 3 & PSN News
• PS3 Guides & Tutorials
• PS3 CFW & MFW
• PS3 Hacks & JailBreak
• PS3 / PSN Game Releases NFO List
• PS3 Reviews
• PS3 Themes
• PS3 Trophies
• PS3 Videos
• PSP & PS Vita News
• PS Vita Trophies
• Site & Gaming Console News
PS3 Backup Game Managers
• GameSonic PS3 Manager Updates
• Hybrid Manager PS3 Updates
• IrisMAN PS3 Manager Updates
• Iris Manager PS3 Manager Updates
• MultiMAN PS3 Manager Updates
PS3 CFW (Custom Firmware)
• DARKNET PS3 CFW Updates
• Ferrox PS3 CFW Updates
• Habib PS3 CFW Updates
• Prometheus PS3 CFW Updates
• PS3ITA PS3 CFW Updates
• Rebug PS3 CFW Updates
• Rogero PS3 CFW Updates
• Sky PS3 CFW Updates
• Starz PS3 CFW Updates
PS3 Homebrew Apps
• Movian PS3 Media Center
• PS3 CCAPI (ControlConsoleAPI)
• PS3 NOR & NAND Patcher Updates
• PS3Xport / PeXploit Updates
• No PSN / NoPSN Patch Updates
• PSNDL / PSNDL v2 Updates
• PSNPatch / PSN Patch Updates
• PSNStuff+ / PSNStuffX Updates
• PSN / SEN Enabler & Disabler Updates
• TrueAncestor PS3 Tools Updates
• WebMAN Mod Plugin Updates
• Yutolio's PSN Database Updates
PS3 MFW (Modified Firmware)
• PS3 CFW Creator / PS3MFW UI
• PS3MFW Builder / Our MFW Updates
• Ideas or Suggestions to Add?