I have done this PS3 PUP Unpacker & Decrypter v2.2 homebrew application tool (basically is an script that use other tools) a long time ago for easily unpacking a PlayStation 3 PUP file for those who don't know how. This works on Cygwin and Ubuntu (not CMD windows)
Download: PS3 PUP Unpacker & Decrypter v2.2 Homebrew App
You can choose what to do with this tool, like Unpack PUP, decrypt SELF files, etc... (see README for info):
PUP Unpacker & Decrypter v2.2
THIS IS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THIS PROCESS, NOTHING ELSE
v1.0 - Initial release
v1.1 - Added more tasks
v1.2 - Keys bug fixed
v1.3 - Fixed bug on folders
- Added options menu in help screen
- "pup_PD.exe" modified, now can unpack "spkg_hdr.tar" and "ps3swu2.self" files on 3.56+ PUP
- Added function to decrypt "index.dat"
- Added function to unpack RCO files
- Added function to unpack and convert VAG to WAV files
v2.2 - Added function to decrypt and unpack Core_OS
What we can do automatically with this program?
- Unpack PUP
- Decrypt TAR/PKG/SELF
- Decrypt index.dat
- Decrypt Core_OS
- Unpack Core_OS
- Unpack decrypted TAR/PKG
- Unpack RCO files
- Unpack and decrypt VAG to WAV files
PUP Unpacker & Decrypter v2.2 By Evilnat
Usage: pup_unpacker.exe [OPTION] filename.pup directory
Example: pup_unpacker.exe -all PS3UPDAT.PUP OFW355
Options (ONLY CHOOSE ONE):
[Register or Login to view code]
1) Unpack folder of RAR on your home directory in Cygwin (C:\cygwin\home\XXXX\Unpacker)
2) Copy PS3UPDAT.PUP file you want in it
3) Open Cygwin's console and enter the folder
4) And type: (OFW_355 is an example, you can change this)
./pup_unpacker.exe [OPTION] PS3UPDAT.PUP OFW_355
[ Example: ./pup_unpacker.exe -all PS3UPDAT.PUP OFW_355 ]
5) Now depending what option you had choosen the executable will do it all automatically
All is done, "dev_decrypted_unpacked" folders contain self decrypted files
This program requires certain exe files and PS3 keys that are included in RAR, DON'T DELETE THEM. If an error occurs it will stop automatically, showing what has happened. Hope this helps someone
Thanks to: KaKaRoTo, Waninkoko, Geohot, Team Overflow, and more DEVS.
I hope this helps anyone. If you see any error or bug please contact me.
More PlayStation 3 News...