PS3 Pulse Generator V2 with Source Code is Now Available
Yesterday JaicraB shared a PS3 Hypervisor 3.15 he dumped via Parallel/LPT1 Port with XorHack along with a redump done for comparison purposes and the PS3 Pulse Generator code.
red8316 has also posted a Dump Comparison from 010 Hex Editor in TXT and CSV formats for those interested.
Today JaicraB has updated his blog again with PS3 Pulse Generator V2- compiled and with source code included.
Download: PS3 Pulse Generator V2 with Source Code
To quote, roughly translated: The pulse generator which was put very little refined and theoretically ill-posed. I really worked, but it is true that there was always the first. So I miss a second version, more refined and controlled by cycles. Because in cycles? Each computer is different, CPU, BUS, etc etc.
That is why every computer will have its own cycle which is ascertained to start from the smallest to find it. ;) In my case is 3, MSDOS running under a VMware virtual machine.
1. Keep off the PC LPT1. (At system start the strain is normally enabled.)
2. Now the pulse is generated through the numbers: 1 to 9.
3. Start always at least 1 in 25 attempts. If you notice that the generator does not affect the PS3 continue for the number 2 another 25 attempts.
4. Once the Exploit run, salis of the program by pressing any key and remember the number of cycles that worked well for you next time.
More PlayStation 3 News...
So what does this mean to the average joe?
It's just an update which varies the length of the pulse for those who want to use the less expensive Parallel/LPT1 Port method to trigger the pulse required for the PS3 Exploit.
What this means is it could take less attempts to get the glitch triggered, basically making things faster/easier for those doing it is all.
Good news that theyre still developing this stuff... too bad my soldering skills SUCK
same here soldering is my big problem!! i'll wait for something more easy!!!
I'm not great at soldering, I can solder most things and succesfully did the JTAG x360 mod, however it seams like sony just make their soldering points extra small, the PS2 modchip was a nightmare to install.
Its almost like sony don't want you to solder to their motherboards they provide?! I have not opened my PS3 fat, but totally intend to do this mod once a pcb is built by a team or whatever.
Still cant understand on how to run this program in msdos? I ran it pefrectly already but how to run this .exe programm??
well... i didnt start msdos via Vmaware (don't understand on how to do it!)
Somebody who get it please help me.. how to start msdos via Vmware and how to run GENNSPS3.exe on it?
Edit: I solved everything already... and can't install xorloser toolkit, and tried on compiled exploit just ran GENNPS3.exe on my Win XP and nothing happened i think it must be ran on MSDOS...
dude i know that what i will ask is nothing about the topic, but... in the pic 1, i saw the way you stick the heatsink/cooler is different from the original way, looks like much better this way.. can u say how you make it? (some photo will be nice too hehe.
Ps: Nice job your doing!
1. Setup VM to boot from the MSDOS CD/Floppy/ISO.
2. After the machine as booted exit the setup program (F3).
3. Type fdisk and create a partition and make it active.
4. Reboot again with the CD/Floppy/ISO.
5. After the machine as booted exit the setup program (F3).
6. Type format c: /q /s
7. Reboot again with the CD/Floppy/ISO.
8. The setup program will now allow you to install MSDOS.
9. Reboot again with the CD/Floppy/ISO.
10. Select option 2 to install the CDRom drivers.
You can now boot MSDOS from the harddisk.