Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS3 Package Enabler v0.1 Homebrew App is Released by Axtux

PS3 Package Enabler v0.1 Homebrew App is Released by Axtux

Today French developer Axtux has released a PlayStation 3 homebrew application called PS3 Package Enabler v0.1 which allows users to enable and disable Install Package (PKG) Files.

Download: PS3 Package Enabler v0.1 / PS3 Package Enabler v0.1 Source Code

To quote, roughly translated: I just finished my application package Enabler allows to enable / disable the "Install package files" in OFW / CFW.

Basically, it was found to be less on the PSN but it is very useful.

You can still use it to clean up the Game category once your applications are installed.

[imglink=http://www.ps4news.com/images/img_26195.jpg|PS3 Package Enabler v0.1 Homebrew App is Released by Axtux]http://www.ps4news.com/images.php?sm=1&f=img_26195.jpg&w=500&h=400[/imglink]
    More PlayStation 3 News...

comhen Guest
    does this mean I can used this to stop my little brother from reinstalling pkg files?

dyceast Guest
    I'd say yes, as long as he don't know how to use this application lol

Enjeru Guest

Question

Would this allow me to install PKG files without jailbreaking first on 3.41 OFW?

devilinops Guest
    if i update to 3.55 will this allow me to activate my bought content i haven't modded yet, since when my friend did their digital games where unactivated.

GrandpaHomer Guest
    Nope - the only thing this app does is to add / remove the Install Package option in the Game section - NOTHING else.

squarepusher2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjeru View Post
    Would this allow me to install PKG files without jailbreaking first on 3.41 OFW?
    I just tried this on OFW (3.41) - as soon as I click on any PKG in the 'Install PKG files' list, it will drop me to a 'Please connect controller to USB port and press the PS button' screen - I then need to quit from that.

So it won't let me actually install PKGs on OFW - which is exactly what I had hoped this piece of homebrew would allow me to do.

aboy014 Guest
    does it work on 3.60 ?

diesel701 Guest
    I've seen the source code and this program change also the "nas_plugin.sprx".

So it work only on 3.55. I hope someone can do a version that change only the "Install Package" folder (the xml file).

bitsbubba Guest
    after I installed it I copied the patched nas_plugin.sprx over top the unpatched nas_plugin.sprx so technically it stays patched whether enabled or not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast