PS3 NOR Dump Auto-Patcher v0.01 by Rogero is Released
This weekend PlayStation 3 developer Rogero has released PS3 NOR Dump Auto-Patcher version 0.01 for those without a NAND-based flash PlayStation 3 console.
Download: PS3 NOR Dump Auto-Patcher v0.01
To quote: PS3 Nor Dump Auto-Patcher v0.01 by Rogero
- Compatible with both E3 and ProgSkeet Nor dumps.
- Checking your PS3 Nor Dump if it is Byte-Reversed or No.
- Applying the correct downgrade patches depending on the Dump type detected.
- Eliminating the need to byte-swap the dump in order to apply the patches.
- Making the patching easier rather then using several programs to do it.
N.B: Always make several Nor Dumps and Validate your dump properly before proceeding to patch it and Flash it back. This link has all the info needed to validate the Dump: ps3devwiki.com/wiki/Validating_flash_dumps. A PS3 without a valid Nor/Nand Dump is non-recoverable.
In related news anaria has released a PS3 NORDumpTool.exe and NORValidator v0.9.5 with details below:
Download: Linux Makefile by zecoxao / Native Win32 Version / Win32 Version v0.93 / Win32 Version v0.94 / Win32 Version v0.95 by judges / NORDumpTool Pre v0.9.7 by 3absiso / GIT
Hi Guys, I’m no dev nor a PS3 expert, but I’d like to try some stuff in there... So I’ve wrote few lines of code in order to help me, and who else want, to validated and analyse a PS3 NOR dump. I've read what I could in order to gather as much as possible information to help me in writing my lines.
I'd come to it shortly, but first I’d like to thanks all of you who participate to this scene, I’m not good at naming people and I’m worry to forget some. Now my code may not look beautiful and may definitely be improved/enhanced, but as of today it seems useful to me and I hope it can be for others, so please enjoy it as much as you want.
I have no pretension for it but I’d like from anyone who enjoy it, to keep it as an opensource project, if this code or any part of it is used for another application I ask you to make it public as well, if you like this code and write some changes please share it with everyone. I’d also appreciate if anyone want to propose some code and English correction.
As for the "--help" I've been lazy in including this I instead check if no arguments are given which lead to this:
NOR Dump Tool
Open source project aimed to help to validate PS3 NOR dumps. At the moment (January 2013) the code is probably able to give you a validation status of roughly 90%!? It's anyway better to do additional checking by your own, unless the code of this tool is fully validated by experts!!!
[Register or Login to view code]
Use H or A for Hexa or ASCII. By default -P -G -C and -F will be applied if no option is given.
From iT0ny (twitter.com/a_titkov) comes a PS3 NOR Dump Tool for MacOS (110 Kb - NORDumpTool Mirror) for those interested.
From jamesst20: I will also provide you something to byte reverse the dump. There you go: pastebin.com/QfKc12s3 (I'm not the author, I don't do C but C++). It's poorly written but works.
Cleaned a bit the code and made it easier to use. Works with C/C++ by now: pastebin.com/y20HuRAZ but still dirty.
Rewrote it entirely, didn't like the old dirty way. I don't think it's gonna work in C but yeah should be pretty easy to port it for you: pastebin.com/6mjZBSWJ
Finally, from deaphroat: I don't want became famous, just learn and sharing. And now i adapted your code for Nand. And my own, check if the dump is reversed... And for the percentage, in first i have my function but yours is more faster... i filled up a array of int with every byte, and make 256 count on it... It's not good with a nand 256 Mb. So i take yours... Thank again.
I have begin 3, 4 month ago... I have just use the anaria code for 2 new test... It's in C++/ Qt, compatible with Mac and Linux and I give source code (via ps3.gx-mod.com/images/news/softwares/nandTool/SourcePs3DumpValidating.rar) for respect the Qt License.
More PlayStation 3 News...
PS3 NOR Inspector v0.01 Homebrew App By Mysis is Released
Following up on the PS3 BwE NOR Revocation CoreOS Checker v1.4 and NOR Statistics v1.4 updates alongside the PS3 NORDumpTool, today PlayStation 3 developer Mysis has released PS3 NOR Inspector v0.01 with details below.
Download: PS3 NOR Inspector v0.01 / .NET Compact Framework 2.0 (Required) / Verify NOR Dump (PDF) / Verify NOR Video by playerkp420
From the included ReadMe file: I was working on this application for a little while now. By its release, it doesn't mean others should stop their work. Keep up the good work !
Coded in C# - Requires .NET Framework 2.0 Another Tool for validating your NOR Dump is "Nor Inspector". It will display most common information about your dump and the console.
2) Drag'n'drop your dump into the app
3) On errors check out status-tab
- Drag'n'drop your dumps!
- Drag'n'drop Core OS / Revoke Package to replace!
- Display of general informations
- Additional reverse engineering related information
- Tree View of your Nor Dump
- Extract Option for contents
- Verification of Operating System Files
- Hex-Region Viewer
- Byte reverse dumps supported
- Error Logging in Status-Tab (OK/ERR) "The Tab is green, the dump is clean!"
PS3 Dev wiki people for their hard work and still updating every day ! (so much names I can't write them all, you know who you are ! )
P.S.: This is just the beginning. I'm planning to add a lot more stuff. To be continued...
More PlayStation 3 News...
my ps3 was brick , and dump is not valid, can I use this for dump valid ? (sorry for my bad english )
where can I find my console id?
System Information in multiman.
Can I get the Console ID from a NAND dump? The conosle I have this dump from is dead but not sure where to find the Console ID from this NAND dump.
I got the Console ID, now where to find the PSID?
PSID starts at 0x800000000044A18C in 3.41, 0x800000000045218C in 3.55. It is 16 bytes long. Two identicle Console ID's exist in memory: one which is 32 bytes at 0x80000000003C2EF0 and another which is 16 bytes at 0x8000000000452174. PSN seems to use the second one, but PSIDPatch patches both
I am not sure...
the PSID can't be found in any NOR/NAND dump, only in the "dumped" LV1/LV2 dumps from the console. there you have the PSID, so it needs PSIDPatch either way... and the 2xConsoleID/IDPS in ur dump is at offset:
NAND offset 80870 - 16 bytes ( search again the IDPS and the second one appears..) NOR offset offset 2F070 - 16 bytes (search again the IDPS ...)
You can use getconsoleID too, and if you changed the console ID can you generate a PSID with that?
BwE NOR Validator Public HTML Edition v1.01 PS3 Homebrew App Out
Following up on the PS3 NOR Inspector v0.01 and his previous release, today PlayStation 3 homebrew developer BwE has made available a BwE NOR Validator Public HTML Edition v1.01 PS3 homebrew application followed by v1.02, v1.14 and newer revisions with details below.
Download: BwE PS3 NOR Validator 1.09 / BwE PS3 NOR Validator 1.02 / BwE PS3 NOR Validator 1.01 / BwE PS3 NOR Validator 1.04 / BwE NOR Validator Public HTML Edition (Latest Version) (Mirror)
From the included ReadMe file: This all in one validator/patcher will interpret the byte orientation, patch for 3.55 and will then output the results of 2200+ validations.
1) Run the comical keygen style loader
2) Click start (and maybe mute)
3) A console will appear asking you to select your dumps (if you have more than one in the folder)
4) Make your selection and or select if you watch to patch it (either in its current byte orientation or the opposite)
5) Wait patiently
6) Read the output
Areas Of Validation
- First Region Header
- Flash Format
- Flash Region
- Asecure_Loader/Metldr Corrupt Sequences
- Asecure_Loader/Metldr Encrypted Statistics
- VTRM 1
- ROS0/1 AuthID's/MD5's
- Revoke/CoreOS MD5's
- Second Region Header
- Second Region Block 0
- Second Region Block 1
- Lv0ldr/Bootldr Corrupt Sequences
- Lv0ldr/Bootldr Statistics
- Minimum Version
- File Digest Keys
- PerConsole Nonce
- Corrupt Sequences
- Authenticiation IDs
Use at own risk! Valid dumps may be invalid - Invalid dumps may be valid. There are almost infinite variations of each dump! Have fun and good luck!
Report any bugs or issues to bwe AT betterwayelectronics.com or directly to BwE at irc.efnet.org #ps3downgrade
- 1.15 - 25/03/2013 : added 4.40 ofw information and optimised some code
- 1.14 - 19/03/2013 : improved validation of the flash-region table
- 1.13 - 18/03/2013 : better handling for metldr.2, more id detections and md5s, added byte reversal option for experimenting with E3.
- 1.12 - 16/03/2013 : md5 bug fix, changed id detections and general improvements
- 1.11 - 08/03/2013 : improved patching structure, added 3 musketeers patch (3.56 patching), code optimisation
- 1.10 - 04/03/2013 : added 25+ validations + changed results & outputs + bugfix
- 1.09 - 02/03/2013 : improved corruption checks for metldr/bootldr + more validations + old coreos bug fix (again) + changed some results
- 1.08 - 29/02/2013 : added timeout for version check + added 16bit corrupt sequence check + fixed long outputs + fixed metldr ident bug + changed some warning/danger results + changed 00/ff results
- 1.06 - 27/02/2013 : fixed bug when handling old coreos versions + fixed .self md5 list
- 1.05 - 25/02/2013 : added approx 220 more validations + changed statistic ranges + latest version check + fixes to metldr/bootldr
- 1.02 - 22/02/2013 : more md5's & authid checks + changed some results.
- 1.01 - 16/02/2013 : authid check bugfix
- 1.00 - 15/02/2013 : first public release
More PlayStation 3 News...