BwE NOR Patcher v1.0 PS3 Homebrew Application is Now Available
Following up on the BwE NOR Validator Public HTML Edition, today PlayStation 3 homebrew developer BwE has made available a PS3 homebrew application with details below.
Download: BwE NOR Patcher v1.0 / BwE NOR Patcher v1.0 (Mirror)
The application is available above, and below is what BwE mentioned about it for those interested.
BwE PS3 NOR Patcher v1.0
- Checks CoreOS then patches 3.55/3.56 Also minimum version check.
More PlayStation 3 News...
PS3 NOR and NAND Auto Patcher v0.04 By Rogero is Released
Following up on his PS3 NOR Dump Auto-Patcher v0.01, today PlayStation 3 developer Rogero has released PS3 NOR and NAND Auto Patcher v0.04 with the changes outlined below.
Download: PS3 Nor and Nand Auto Patcher v0.04.rar / PS3 Nor and Nand Auto Patcher v0.04.rar (Mirror) / PS3 Nor and Nand Auto Patcher v0.04.rar (Mirror #2) / PS3 Nor and Nand Auto Patcher v0.04.rar (Mirror #3)
To quote: PS3 Nor and Nand Auto Patcher v0.04
Initial release v0.01
- Compatible with both E3 and ProgSkeet Nor dumps.
- Checking your PS3 Nor Dump if it is Byte-Reversed or No.
- Applying the correct downgrade patches depending on the Dump type detected.
- Eliminating the need to byte-swap the dump in order to apply the patches.
- Making the patching easier rather then using several programs to do it.
- Added new Rogero CFW4.40 v1.02 patches.
- Works for any PS3 model with downgradable metldr revision (not metldr2) including PS3 with Minver 3.56
- No more FSM is needed for downgrading.
- Added detection of non-downgradable "metldr" revisions.
- Added support for Interleaved NAND Dumps (now will patch both Nor and Nand dumps)
How to use:
- Dump your Flash many times and verify it well before proceeding.
- Drag and Drop any Nor or Interleaved NAND Dump onto the executable,
- It will detect the dump type and patch it accordingly with CFW4.40 patches.
- Flash the patched image back into the PS3 Nor/Nands.
- Restart the PS3.
If the PS3 was already on OFW4.40 then it must start normally and you can Install Rogero CFW4.40 v1.02 from XMB -> Settings -> System Update.
If the PS3 was on OFW < 4.40 then you will see the "Connect a PS3 controller" screen, and you can continue by installing Rogero CFW4.40 v1.02 simply by following the screen instructions.
Warning: This program does not check for the dump validity, you must provide a good dump previously checked and verified.
It will patch the dump image even if it's not a 100% valid dump, the program only does some minimal checks before patching assuming that the user have provided a valid dump.
More PlayStation 3 News...
PS3 BwE NOR Validator v1.16 and BwE NOR / NAND Patcher v0.01 Out
Following up on his BwE NOR Validator and BwE NOR Patcher, today PlayStation 3 homebrew developer BwE has released BwE NOR Validator v1.16 followed by v1.17, v1.18, v1.19, v1.20, v1.21, v1.22, v1.23, v1.24, v1.25, v1.28, v1.30 and v1.31 alongside BwE NOR / NAND Patcher v0.01 followed by v0.02 and v1.01 with details below.
Download: BwE NOR Validator v1.16-v1.31 / BwE NOR / NAND Patcher v0.01-v1.01 / BwE NOR-NAND Patcher v0.02 / BwE NAND Validator v1.75 (Experimental) / BwE NAND Validator v1.00-v1.02 / BwE NOR / NAND Dump Information v1.00
To quote: BwE NOR Validator v1.16
Application MD5: A9D0B21E8C0452EF00EFC48DA79D974C
- 1.31 - 27/05/2013 : added eid4 + fixed bug in entropy (note: possibly final version, unless adding firmware revisions/new consoles)
- 1.30 - 21/05/2013 : completely rewritten eid, cisd, ccsd + added more validations to it, upgraded other minor validations. all due to upcoming nand validator (note: possibly final version, unless adding firmware revisions/new consoles)
- 1.28 - 15/05/2013 : completely rewritten cvtrm validation + added more validations to it, upgraded/perfected entropy (possibly final version, unless adding firmware revisions/new consoles)
- 1.25 - 13/05/2013 : added entropy check for metldr/bootldr (possibly final version, unless adding firmware revisions/new consoles (From EussNL: Entropy is used for checking encrypted sections, like metldr/asecureloader and bootldr, which because of their encryption will have high entropy. When knowing the entropy of other sections (based on known good dumps), it can be a good prediction of the validity of it without interpreting or decrypting it.)
- 1.24 - 06/04/2013 : added more information to suit newly discovered ps3 data, improved validation, added a tip for bad md5's, removed version forcing (possibly last release).
- 1.23 - 29/04/2013 : improved validation, added 4.41 ofw information
- 1.22 - 16/04/2013 : added 115 more validations + changed statistic range for bootldr + other small boring changes
- 1.21 - 11/04/2013 : patch3 error fix.
- 1.20 - 10/04/2013 : added new console data, removed 3.56 patch (replaced with 4.40), added protection against using old validator, changed corruption check (again!), added quick info for console.
- 1.19 - 09/04/2013 : changed metldr statistic range, minver check (to suit refurbished ps3s), corruption changes
- 1.18 - 08/04/2013 : upgraded cisd/cell_ext_nor_area/metldr validations to suit unique metldr.2 revision, changed corruption output (again).
- 1.17 - 08/04/2013 : changed repetition check, changed corruption output, bugfix
- 1.16 - 02/04/2013 : added rogero's 4.40 patch, changed options, added 25+ md5's, changed stats range and id check
BwE NOR/NAND Patcher 0.01 has the same exciting features as my validator, only - less.
Patches 3.55/3.56/4.40 on NOR or NAND. Validates CoreOS and maybe TRVK. Does that without a loader/chiptunes and all in the console. Faster than other my validator and other patchers.
Found any bugs? Let me know. I just made this for giggles so its bound to have something wrong.
BwE NOR/NAND Patcher 0.02
- Fixes the E3 flasher style (swapped) dump issue.
BwE NOR/NAND Patcher 1.01
- Another bugfix update.
Finally, below is a WIP (via pastebin.com/DUivneHz) BwE NAND Validator, as follows:
[Register or Login to view code]
BwE NAND Validator
This all in one validator/patcher will patch for 3.55 and will output the results of 2799+ validations via HTML.
- 1.02 - 09/06/2013 : bugfix for patcher (did not fix enough) + added some more MD5's (CFW)
- 1.01 - 28/05/2013 : bugfix for patcher (mistake from using old nor code)
- 1.00 - 27/05/2013 : first proper/public release (because I am lazy there will be no loader!)
More PlayStation 3 News...
can it validate my nor dumps 100%...
hi i'm sorry if i'm not good in en lang .., ok every time i try too un ban man console i failed but infact i have a pse fully broken (hardware) and i have the console id and psid. how can i exchange them to ps3 because every time i try for am moment everything is good but as soon as i turn off the system or restart it turn back to default !!!
the original default last time i use the psid patcher wel this can help me pou ro i must use something else
PS3 NOR / NAND Statistic Beta Homebrew App By Sinsizer Arrives
Following up on the previous updates from BwE, today PlayStation 3 homebrew developer sinsizer has made available PS3 NOR / NAND Statistic Beta for those interested in validating and checking their PS3 NOR / NAND dumps.
Download: NOR_NAND_Statistic_BETA.rar / NOR_NAND_Statistic_BETA.rar (Mirror) / PS3_NOR-NAND_Statistic.rar (Non-Beta) / PS3 NOR-NAND Statistic.rar (Mirror) / dumpstatistic.rar / dump statistics.zip (corrupt coreOS file) / PS3_NOR-NAND_Statistic_fixed.rar / dumpstatistic.rar by sinsizer / dumpstatistic.7z (Win XP) by Swizzy (Requires .NET Framework 4.0)
To quote: Features:
- NOR/NAND statistics
- NOR/NAND patching
- NOR/NAND byte swapping
- NOR/NAND infos
- NOR/NAND validation
- NOR/NAND extraction
- DATECODE check
This tool works different than other validators. Instead of outputting a full log, it will output an error.log, if validate is checked. But see for yourself.
Always patching 3.55 is recommended to see if the patched statistic is right/green. ckp_management_ID values have to be equel as well as per_console_nonce (should be stated in error.log if not). There is one easy rule! If the error.log contains an entry, your dump is definitly broken!
Ros section is excluded from validation. Why? Itīs easy to repair, the hole section gets patched anyway and it leads to the rule above.
For NAND all known sections gets checked. But a big part is not or only rarely documented. So the hole part after cvtrm, cell_ext_os_area, OtherOS and unreferenced area at the end wonīt be checked. Itīs very important that you have look at the statistics and the “corrupt block count” of flowrebuilder when interleaving.
It's always recommended to check dumps manually with an hexeditor, and using other tools for validation, to be as save as possible! As long as it is not possible to decrypt the full dump, it's impossible to validate it to 100%. Keep in mind this is only beta.
Update: From sinsizer:
- Added 4.46 patches
- Some small changes
OFFSET: 0xF00896 --- VALUE: 0x20 --- 0x00 BLANK AREA <--this is not normal, but it doesnīt brick your console.
OFFSET: 0xF20020 --- VALUE: 0x000002000000004000000000 --- CELL_EXTNOR_AREA <--- you can find this check in line 1522, add this value or delete the check.
Update 2: Changelog: minor changes to the GUI (allows adding new patches to the patch folder). Thx to 3absiso and ChazLJ for testing.
How to extract the patch file for future CFW's (extracting/decrypting coreOS)
Tools Download: cos_extract.rar
- Extract CORE_OS_PACKAGE.pkg with pupview.exe from the firmware.pup.
- Unpack/decrypt the CORE_OS_PACKAGE.pkg with fwpkg.exe
- Copy the new file to the patch folder.
You have to use "ros" somewhere in the name. Otherwise it doesn't get recognized as patch.
Update 3: From sinsizer: The tool patches now ros and rvk if a corresponding rvk patch is placed in the patch folder. If no rvk patch is found, it will only patch ros.
Naming convention for patch files:
In the example you can see that it will patch ros and rvk for nor. For nand it will patch only ros, because the revoke patch has another name. All patch files have to begin with the red names.
The tool will be released without patch files from now on. You can download the patchfiles here: ps3coredump.eu5.org
PS3 Coredump - All Files are in readable format! (000000000FACE0FF00000000DEADBEEF) or (IFI)
All tools, which use these files, should automatically detect the input format and swap the byteorder, if needed.
In future updates a small downloader will be integrated, as well as some other features regarding c2d and keyextraction from eid.
PS3 NOR/NAND Statistic Download: dumpstatistic_low_res.7z / dumpstatistic_low_res.7z (Mirror)
From Swizzy on the Win XP port (linked above): What I did was download the latest one then I decompiled it and fixed a few minor decompilation errors and re-compiled it with .net 4.0 as target instead of .net 4.5. I tested to make sure it runs in Windows XP on one of my virtual machines, however... I didn't check that all checks etc. are ok, but they should be.
More PlayStation 3 News...
After original Dump No Signal From TV
Hi, I flashed my ps3 back to original dump but I am getting no signal from hdd or usb what can I do I verified my dumps with ps3 flash tool and bwe nor validator 1.31 all was fine my ps3 model is cechk01.
thanks in advance if you can help.
Can you please verify for us that your power cable connector is properly inserted into the connector. Usually the gold contacts have a hard time making the proper connection. Please let us know if you even get the stanby (red) light.
how to use this program? I can not find anyone