XMBPC PS3 System Update v1.0.9 Out, a PC XMB Clone By SvenGDK
Following up on his previous releases and XMBPC Toolbox v2, today PlayStation 3 homebrew developer SvenGDK has made available XMBPC PS3 System Update v1.0.9 with the changelog detailed below.
To quote: Changelog XMBPC 1.0.9:
XMBPC System Update v1.0.9 released!
- Preparing for new stable release
- Changed some things in "Check for updates" to work with the new updater
- Minor bugfixes
This is also a little "test" to try the new updater.
Update via "Check for updates" or try the new updater.
Drag and drop this file (UPDATE_v108_v109.PKG) into the updater (RIGHT-CLICK -> SAVE TARGET AS!)
You can grab the new updater from: luxdev.de/XMBPCE/ , place it into your XMBPC directory and wait until an update is available.
The new updater (XMBPC Updater.exe) allows updating outside XMBPC. Just open the application, drag&drop the new provided UPDATE.PKG file into the updater and click start.
This will allow updating faster and easier, but of course you will be also able to update via XMBPC, the new updater allows both methods.
More PlayStation 3 News...
XMBPC PS3 System Update v1.1 Out, a PC XMB Clone By SvenGDK
Following up on his previous release, today PlayStation 3 homebrew developer SvenGDK has made available XMBPC PS3 System Update v1.1 followed by v1.1.1 and v1.1.2 and v1.1.3 with the changelogs detailed below.
Download: XMBPC v1.1 / XMBPC v1.1.1 / PS3 Controller Drivers (x64 & x32)
To quote: XMBPC v1.1 has been released!
- Disc Explorer (Play Music, Movies, Pictures, Roms etc. from a file disc)
- Possibility to start XMBPC with Windows (Can be set on new XMBPC Setup or XMBPC Toolkit)
- A lot of missing translations updated
- PS1Loader (By ePSXe) updated to v1.0.9
- "Friends" category
New store entries (Available in some hours):
- 5 GBA Roms
- 5 SNES Roms
- 5 NES Roms
- 5 GBC Roms
- 5 SEGA Roms
- Illegal path error when selecting no music, video or pictures folder
- You can not more browse to non existing friends in the "Friends" category
- Updated the icon of every form
- Always use a new stable release
- To use the PS1 & PS2 Emulator you need to configure it first (PS2: CDVD -> cdvdGigaherz !) and add a BIOS file.
- To add PSP/PS1/PS2 games you need to select the correct filter on the setup: 184.108.40.206/setupnew.png (multiselect works)
If you want to update v1.0.9 to v1.1 via System Update feature or with an update pkg, then you need to download the updated "XMBPC Updater.exe" from here: 220.127.116.11/XMBPCE/XMBPC%20Updater.exe and place it into your XMBPC directory. This file has been updated 20mins before, so users of v1.1 are also asked to replace the existing "XMBPC Updater.exe" file because of an important update.
Update PKG v1.0.9 to v1.1.0: 18.104.22.168/XMBPCE/UPDATES/UPDATE_v109_v110.PKG (If you don't replace the Updater before updating then the language and ps1loader files will not be updated.)
XMBPC System Update v1.1.1 has been released!
NOTES BEFORE INSTALLING: XMBPC Updater has been updated again, this fixes installing future updates of DS, Gamecube & Wii loaders. Get it here (luxdev.de/XMBPCE/XMBPC%20Updater.exe)
OTHER INFOS: I'm really sorry for the possibility to browse only 1 pc game... I will try to fix this as soon as possible.
UPDATE PKG: luxdev.de/XMBPCE/UPDATES/UPDATE_v110_v111.PKG
- Added on XMBPC Setup the possibility to add DS (*.nds), Gamecube (*.gcm) & Wii (*.iso) games.
- Added: "Nintendo games" folder under the "Game" category.
- Fixed: "Check for updates", it will now always download the latest XMBPC Updater to update without problems.
XMBPC System Update v1.1.2 has been released!
XMBPC System Update v1.1.2 will be available in few minutes, this fixes the game browsing issue, but you have to re-add your PC games!
- Caution: The "Game" category is very unstable and you need to re-add your PC games! (Not Roms)
XMBPC System Update v1.1.3 has been released!
- This fixes some stability problems with the "Game" category.
- Update via internal update function.
XMBPC Toolkit v2.7 has been released!
Get it here: luxdev.de/XMBPCE/XMBPC%20Toolkit.exe
- This allows adding more DS, Gamecube & Wii games after the setup.
More PlayStation 3 News...
thanks dude for this nice
XMBPC PS3 System Update v2 / v2.0.1 PC XMB Clone By SvenGDK Out
Following up on his previous release, today PlayStation 3 homebrew developer SvenGDK has made available XMBPC PS3 System Update v2 followed by a v2.0.1 and v2.0.2 Update PKG and XMBPC Updater v2.1 with the changelogs detailed below.
Download: XMBPC_v2.rar / UPDATE_v200_v201.zip / UPDATE_v201_v202.zip / XMBPC Updater.exe
To quote: XMBPC System Update v2.0.1 released. Fixed: Playstation, Nintendo & Retro Games were not available.
- Added new Desktop mode* [BETA] (Start from Users->Switch To Desktop ; Exit from Desktop->Return to XMB)
- Added Italian language
- Minor changes and fixes
*Desktop Mode [BETA](Works only with keyboard & mouse – ENGLISH ONLY):
- Simple Desktop (Clones your normal Desktop)
- Working Taskbar (Detects started & exited apps, Close apps)
- Simplified Properties Window (File->Properties)
- Personalize Desktop (Background & Taskbar Transparency)
This is a new stable release. Always update to such releases to have the best experience with XMBPC.
XMBPC v2.0.1 Update PKG [To use with XMBPC Updater for v2+ / Or just update via XMBPC) (Rightclick->Save As if not starting directly)
“Can’t load file or set ‘Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback’ or its dependencies.”
- Place this dll in the main directory: Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback.dll
XMBPC System Update v2.0.2 has been released. XMBPC Updater has been updated too. Update via XMBPC or update pkg (REQUIRES NEWEST XMBPC UPDATER) from: 22.214.171.124/updates.html
Changelog: XMBPC System v2.0.2
- Removed DirectX
- Updated Bootanimation
- Updated Gamebootanimation
- Some Updates and changes on XMBDesktop
Changelog: XMBPC Updater v2.1
- Added new update parameters
- Fully compatible with v2+
More PlayStation 3 News...
Its possible to format the hdd on my pc?
What extension i can format it? i prefer ntfs
XMBPC v3 Beta / v3.0.1 PC PS3 XMB Clone by SvenGDK is Released
Following up on his previous release, today PlayStation 3 homebrew developer SvenGDK has made available XMBPC v3 Beta followed by details on v3.0.1 with the changelogs outlined below.
- Changed back to beta (Read why: twitlonger.com/show/n_1s142gp or below)
- Completely new fullscreen setup
- You can now protect XMBPC with a password (will get updates with a lockscreen)
- Updated emulators, now detecting if x32 or x64 to have a better performance
- Fixed: No Games showing
- Other minor fixes
Changelogs v3.0.0 - v3.0.1
- Emulators will not more start twice
- Gameintro should not more be laggy
Hi followers! After some hours of thinking about XMBPC, I'm ready to change some things and to talk about it.
But first, I would like to thank you all for testing and sharing XMBPC. Since the v1 release in June 2013 until now I count over 20000 downloads, which is for me more than adequate
Now to the changes I would like to do... The release status of XMBPC will be reverted back to beta, since there are alot of bugs which really need to be fixed first.
For a stable release, the basic functions must work for everyone, but this isn't the case here. The current release will get an update soon which changes only the name of the tool, so don't worry about missing features or something else
What about XMBOSX now after this changes?
XMBOSX will NOT be available within the next 3-6 months because there are really alot of features I can't make possible on OS X with a "Wine" port and I don't really have the time to learn Objective-C beside the school...
So I need someone which could realize this properly with Objective-C or you will have to wait until I learn it myself (I will learn it sure in the near future).
Any news about the PS3 emulation?
Yes, there is a PS3 emulator in development. It will be implemented as soon as the hardware emulation is accurate enough to run official PS3 games
Update: In related news, Devil 303 also made available PS3 XMB Package downloader v0.20.00 (XMBPD) with details below.
Download: XMBPD_v0.20.00_Rebug_4.78_Only.pkg (11.1 MB)
The developer Devil 303 known for some tools for customization of the XMB, is back with a new update of the tool called XMB Package downloader only compatible with CFW Rebug 4.78.x. XMB Package downloader allows you to download homebrew directly to the hard drive inside the PS3 without the need of a flash drive and is automatically installed after the download is just like any official package $ony. The new update contains cover for multiMAN, new set of icons and more pkg NO-PSN. The full changelog can read here below.
1. Download the archive, unpack it and c opiare the XMBPKGDLR folder dev_hdd0 / game /
2. Replace the 3 XMLs file dev_blind / vsh / resource / explore / xmb /
3. Replace the 3 dev_hdd0 file in the / tmp / explore / xil2 / music / xx / c / xxxxxxxxxxxx / folder
Note: The folder "xx" will be different depending on the region, such as "us", "gb", "IE", etc. The folder names "XXXXXXXXXXXX" appear to be random or based on user / console and you just check yourself, for example, I found the xml files usually in the first folder, and 2 PNG in the last two folders.
In addition there are risks to writing files in the flash and it 's all in your peril, It' s just a POC so there might be bugs. ... .Another Thing that I think is possible is to have the list of automatically updated to boot homebrew, using a custom XML
- New category added = Themes (I'm still working on this)
- New Addon available for installation through the installer XMBPD = CFW Applications folder, add a new folder in your XMB which you can then install applications in a way to keep them separate from your giochi.Alcune applications available in the program's tools XMBPD will install to this folder by default. You can choose to add this folder to your game or to the NETWORK category
- New additional function "Refresh Package Lists" (using the command Webman)
- New Set of icons for all categories, all the icons are added to the RCO files detected for faster response and smaller file size while maintaining quality.
More PlayStation 3 News...
Worked for me! Thanks!
brilliant. cant wait to try this bad boy out. thank you
thanks, very good app!