Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6151617 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 Metldr Exploit Leaked, PlayStation 3 Metldr Guide Arrives

snoekie Guest
    It is all about breaking the chain of trust. You need to trick your PS3 to run your code at a sufficient low level. Just as the glitch hack on the XBOX, you can then manipulate the signature comparison (which is a memcmp) to always return true. Decrypting code was never a problem, because you need the public keys to do that (which are in the firmware). It's the private keys that made Firmwares up to 3.55 so interesting. By obtaining the private keys (which were obtainable by the fail of sony) we can make packages that run on OFW.

Having 3.60 or 3.73 public keys won't help you, unless you have a CFW that will unsigned or mal-signed code. Obtaining the 3.60 public keys shouldn't be hard, since they are public.

What I am missing in all of these discussions about keys is the mention whether they are public or private keys. This is a big difference.

medi01 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by snoekie
    Decrypting code was never a problem, because you need the public keys to do that (which are in the firmware).
    Orly? Go get PUBLIC lv0 keys pretty please.

Quote Originally Posted by snoekie
    Having 3.60 or 3.73 public keys won't help you, unless you have a CFW that will unsigned or mal-signed code.
    BS. Did we need new firmware to run Uncharted 3? Nope. Guess what, JUST DECRYPTING EBOOT was enough. All we need are the keys to decrypt eboots. Since SDK didn't change, all games will still work. No need of custom FW at all.

Quote Originally Posted by 404 View Post
    ...but trust me breakself is real....
    How do you know? Why didn't M... tell us the hash of the keys as undeniable proof, how does decrypting unknown file prove it?

niwakun Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by iscnokia View Post
    I understand that PS3 console uses several levels of encryption and in order to unencrypt it
    Private key = sign things
    Public key = decrypt things

seriously watch the fail0verflow vid again

Quote Originally Posted by iscnokia View Post
    Also, that phony DOS windows showing that output is nothing that any program running what you want so I could also write a C program printing:

printf ("I have a 3.60+ CFW \n");
    in dos its derived with "ECHO" by the way.

CS67700 Guest
    If there's so much noise around it, it probably means they're private...

elser1 Guest
    so many smart people on here but the keys are illusive still.. must be hard to get eh.. LOL

surely someone here has what you all want.

firebuddie Guest
    I find it surprising there's not more talk about the zero size self expolit load to HV found by Failoverflow and detailed in xx404xx doc links at start of this thread.

If the HV could be exploited, it could be patched to NOT hide the lvl0 bootloder and therefore use HV to dump the bootloader, even if it is encrypted, it is a start.

Like Maths and xx404xx keep hinting, it's all there on our PS3's. Just getting the sucker to give it up! Like I say, dont know why a known exploit of HV is not being discussed/followed up on, or maybe it is and I ain't on right IRC channels to hear about it?

elser1 Guest
    i wish i knew what they are talking about.. LOL

Foo Guest
    Here's what a good majority of the people don't know:

Math told us how to do this already!!! There was a bit of a puzzle, but once you put it together you understand it. (If you understand this stuff)

And DemonHades was right. It's possible through RAM.

elser1 Guest
    its all over my head at this point in time.. if i wasn't so busy playing games i'd try to learn all this stuff.. LOL

NTA Guest
    New CFW = Best Christmas Gift of 2011

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6151617 ... LastLast