1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    29

    PS3 Memory Dump Hypervisor Call Table Finder Tool is Available

    I have just finished another (first is HERE) little 010 Editor script to search the Hypervisor Call Table on any PS3 Memory Dump.

    Requirements: 010 Editor, script PS3MemDump_hv_call_table.bt and PS3_Memory_Dump.bin.

    See also the source of the script in attachment.

    Little how to for 010 Editor:

    1. If you do not already have 010 Editor -> Download and install a free 30-day trial for Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000 of 010 Editor.
    2. Unzip the archive (PS3MemDump_hv_call_table.zip) in attachement in your documents path for example C:/MyDocuments/SweetScape/010 Templates/
    3. Start 010 Editor.
    4. Click on shortcut Ctrl+O (menu File -> Open File...) and choose the file PS3_Memory_Dump.bin.
    5. Click on shortcut Ctrl+F5 (menu Templates -> Open Templates...) and choose the file PS3MemDump_hv_call_table.bt.
    6. Click on shortcut F5 (menu Templates -> Run Template on File).

    Well done now the hv call table appear like on attached picture...

    Best Regards

    TitanMKD

    PS3 Memory Dump Hypervisor Call Table Finder Tool is Available

    More PlayStation 3 News...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    11

    PS3 Memory Dump Hypervisor Call Table Finder Tool is Available

    Cool.

    How do you identify what is a call in a dump? Assembly?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by arghzzz View Post
    Cool.

    How do you identify what is a call in a dump? Assembly?
    By "hand", a call table contain just lot of 64bits pointers and on 64bits the first 32 bits part (called the MSB or Most Significant Bit) are often set to 0 (example @ 0x00000000002BF030 -> 32bits MSB 0x00000000 and 32bits LSB 0x002BF030) and you can identify that, compared to code which never contains 32bits set 0 and each assembly opcode/instruction on PPC is 32bits even on 64bits system.

    I hope that help to understand.

    Best Regards

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by titanmkd View Post
    By "hand", a call table contain just lot of 64bits pointers and on 64bits the first 32 bits part (called the MSB or Most Significant Bit) are often set to 0 (example @ 0x00000000002BF030 -> 32bits MSB 0x00000000 and 32bits LSB 0x002BF030) and you can identify that, compared to code which never contains 32bits set 0 and each assembly opcode/instruction on PPC is 32bits even on 64bits system.

    I hope that help to understand.
    You're a genius!!! Thx for the script!! Hope, that's the next step to unlock the horse-power of the PS3!

    The tutorial has been added to the Wiki: http://ps3hvdoc.wikispaces.com/lv1+calls+offsets

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by titanmkd View Post
    By "hand", a call table contain just lot of 64bits pointers and on 64bits the first 32 bits part (called the MSB or Most Significant Bit) are often set to 0 (example @ 0x00000000002BF030 -> 32bits MSB 0x00000000 and 32bits LSB 0x002BF030) and you can identify that, compared to code which never contains 32bits set 0 and each assembly opcode/instruction on PPC is 32bits even on 64bits system.

    I hope that help to understand.

    Best Regards
    Very clarifying Thanks.

    And the opcodes is found in the "cell programming handbook?"

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by arghzzz View Post
    Very clarifying Thanks.

    And the opcodes is found in the "cell programming handbook?"
    I will advise you this book for general PPC opcode (the best i have found)

    http://www.xilinx.com/support/docume...ides/ug011.pdf

    and for other opcode/instruction specific to CBEA: http://cell.scei.co.jp/e_download.html

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    24,353

    Arrow

    Moved this one to the Site News also now, and +Rep titanmkd!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by titanmkd View Post
    I will advise you this book for general PPC opcode (the best i have found)

    http://www.xilinx.com/support/docume...ides/ug011.pdf
    Thanks so much for this. I hate PPC opcodes and anything that can make them easier to work with is a blessing

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    72

    Thumbs Up

    Great! this should make investigation by devs and non devs alike easier!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by titanmkd View Post
    Little how to for 010 Editor...
    Thanks for the instructions!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in