PS3 MAME Arcade Game Emulator GameOS Port is Released
This weekend PlayStation 3 developer Robo Hobo has released an unofficial PS3 MAME arcade game emulator GameOS port preview of version 0.142.
Download: PS3 MAME v0.142 (Preview) / SVN
- Install the psmame package onto your jailbroken PS3 using normal means.
- By default all data paths for mame are located under /dev_hdd0/ROMS/mame_data.
- ROMS themselves can be placed anywhere and their location chosen with the frontend. The recommended path is /dev_hdd0/ROMS/mame.
- As of right now the only defined controls are R3 to open the MAME config menu, Select for coin, and Start for starting the game.
- Further control changes can be made in the MAME config menu as needed.
- Up to four controllers can be used at one time.
Frontend: The frontend can display screenshots of games, these should be placed in /dev_hdd0/ROMS/mame_data/snaps. You can find a full set at http://www.progettosnaps.net/snaps_en.html
hash: path to hash files
samples: path to samplesets
artwork: path to artwork files
ctrlr: path to controller definitions
ini: path to ini files
font: path to font files
cheat: path to cheat files
crosshair: path to crosshair files
snaps: path to screenshots for frontend
cfg: directory to save configurations
nvram: directory to save nvram contents,
memcard: directory to save memory card contents
inp: directory to save input device logs
sta: directory to save states
snap: directory to save screenshots
diff: directory to save hard drive image difference files
comments: directory to save debugger comments
- When adding ROMs into your ROM dir, you must tell the frontend to rescan them. This can be done in the R3 menu.
- The display currently only supports scaling by pixel aspect ratio. Future versions will support various aspect correction modes.
- Changing video settings in the menu may crash MAME, they don't work anyway so don't bother.
- Games which require a recompiler will not run.
- Games which have high memory requirements will not run, the PS3 only has a little of 220MB of RAM available.
- The default controls will need to be tweaked by the user.
More PlayStation 3 News...
will try it, tks
Been waiting for a port of this! can't wait to give it a try
thanks for this..
One of the best updates this week! Looking at the related threads, I wonder how the NullDC, PCSX2, and Dolphin ports for the ps3 are coming along LOL.
is chd support included in this??
installed it but when i start it i always get a sceen with "Could not list ROM directory".....
anybody any idea what to do??
I get the same thing
This is how you get it to work:
In the dev_hdd0 create a folder called ROMS (all capital) and in there i created the folders "mame_data" and "mame" and put all my rom zip files in the "mame" folder. all the games showed up on the next start of MAME...
hope all the games work too
rep me up if this helped.
This is great news! I have been waiting a long time for this. Now I just have to find time to try it. Of course, I am sure my MAME cabinet is feeling nervous now as the dust starts to settle on it.