02-04-2007 #31gore fiend Guest
i'm not updating yet. cause even if this works with 1.5+, if they patch it once it comes out and the paradox loader doesn't support that fw then you're kinda just screwed either way... then again I guess it wouldn't matter... but... noooooo I can't upgrade just cause I have no idea if it's ok yet.
02-04-2007 #32cracrus Guest
problem if loader comes out today only few games will work they will fix it in firmware and next new game will want the newer firmware they should wait for a good year get some games out first
02-04-2007 #33patatdrolleke83 Guest
02-04-2007 #34kutibah Guest
It seems like if this hack really is through another OS like we see, then it will be pretty hard to patch up unless they disable that feature entirely. But if this is real, then yes, it should work up to 1.52.
02-04-2007 #35shizzzy Guest
I think the video looks real. But I'm still keeping my PS3 at 1.10 firmware for now...
Better safe than sorry.
02-04-2007 #36sabeer99 Guest
It's probably a real bootloader. Its probably time to dust of my PS3. I haven't really used it at all since about two weeks after I got.
The reasons why its real:
1. Its from a reputable homebrew dev from the PSP community.
2. This is not a Nintendo Console. Those are always impossible to hack without using something like a modchip.
3. Paradox has already created a bootloader. As long as the dev creates another pseudoOS that basically works as a virtual drive on the GameOS it should technically work.
The reasons why it may be fake:
1. The loading took way too little time for ridge racers 7. That thing booted up in a matter of seconds it seems kinda ridiculous.
2. The video appears to be edited somewhat. Probably what happened is that the part where the loading occurs is fast forwarded.
Well anyway, thats my take on the subject.
02-04-2007 #37Flowcaine Guest
02-04-2007 #38bigmatty Guest
02-04-2007 #39bigmatty Guest
You cant tell from the video if its fake or not. Period. If one was to create a fake video, they would splice in the game footage as part of the source-fake-video, then just play it on the TV, so just because the logo dosent move, or you can or cant tell splices is irrelevant. So is the time it takes to load, thats easy to alter using Premiere!
Anyways, only time will tell. The app will be released, or it wont. I hope its real!! But Im not going to update my firmware over this video...
(I am going to fire up that Giganews account tho... )
02-04-2007 #40BlueWizard Guest
IMO still not worth the risk of updating beyond 1.32. When it does become official then I will. Its a great find and a boost in the community. Now we wait to see if either are real, and who will release what and when.