Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

PS3 IDPS Verifier by Zecoxao Arrives to Verify Your PlayStation 3 IDPS

Following up on the previous PS3 IDPS update, today PlayStation 3 developer zecoxao has released an IDPS Verifier which allows you to verify your IDPS with your archive2.dat file.

Download: idps_verifier.7z

To quote: What you see here is a narrowed down version of ps3xport that can be used to verify the idps of your console. the only thing this does is, with the idps set (in main.c as device_id) it'll do its crypto and decrypt archive2.dat initial 0x40 bytes after the header. if the last 16 bytes are zero, it'll say that idps matches (this should happen on an empty after format backup), if not it'll say that idps doesn't match.

In either of the results, it'll output the result to archive2.bin for you guys to analyze.

This'll be later part of a bruteforcer, so that every user that didn't have access to idpstealer can use the tool and obtain it in a short ammount of time (or until TheDarkProgrammer releases his, whichever comes first)

This is the modified main.c that bruteforces the last 8 bytes using only one thread:

[Register or Login to view code]

I plan to make it using more threads, but i still don't know how to use thread management.

More PlayStation 3 News...

fujzi Guest
    Very nice, i want to try it on my ps3

Cedrikst Guest
    Nice work ! Thank you very much.

dok2033 Guest
    very nice tool +1

DashKiwi Guest

Cool

Nice one bro.

lhllima Guest
    Well done zecoxao