Sponsored Links

PS4 News on Facebook! PS4 News on Twitter! PS4 News on YouTube! PS4 News RSS Feed!
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 288



  1. #11
    Senior Member ModderFokker's Avatar
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'll refrain from being to happy ... first i'd like to see some results

  2. #12
    Sponsored Links
    personally, i'll believe it when i see it... this wouldn't be the first time someone posted something that was wrong, also i would wait to see what comes from it if anything... i just find it hard to believe, no one agreed with his method, he went from the iphone, and that he did what no one else thus far publicly has been able to do in such a short span on time.

  3. #13
    Waoh. He is really good at this. Congrats to Geo, and now lets see if he makes this public and the devs get to work with homebrew.

  4. #14
    Holy smoke, batman.

    I just came by to scan the forums and I did a double-take when I seen this headline. So he found a way in huh. lol, I guess if you attack if from everywhere eventually you find that crack. amazing news. I canīt wait to see what follows up on this.

    i suspect a chip might be needed though. hehe, will we see the 1st ps3 chip popping up in the future.

  5. #15

    Question

    Who's working on XMBC already or USB loader... LOLz

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by ModderFokker View Post
    Who's working on XMBC already or USB loader... LOLz
    now you know its him that posted the same on geohots blog lolz

    glad to see the ps3 is hacked

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by mondoparalelo View Post
    Could this be true? Let`s hope so and wait to see Goehot`s next posts. What do the resident devs have to say about it? Do they think it`s possible that he`s done it so fast? I mean, he`s got credibility, hasn`t he??

    And could CJPC say something about Geohot`s comments on a hardware exploit? Any idea what could it be?
    Not yet - I know there should be an easier way than to have some hardware wired up to the PS3's board at all times tho

    However, even with LV1, the beauty of the Cell's security is the Isolated SPU mode, which keeps code out of main memory, and it isolates itself totally - so it "in theory" can not be dumped, which is of course, where all the goodies are (keys, keys, keys)

    I hope that he's having success in attacking that area - but lets see if anything gets released, at this moment it seems like nothing is being shared.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Rav View Post
    now you know its him that posted the same on geohots blog lolz

    glad to see the ps3 is hacked
    I'm undercover Sss

    Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    Not yet - I know there should be an easier way than to have some hardware wired up to the PS3's board at all times tho

    However, even with LV1, the beauty of the Cell's security is the Isolated SPU mode, which keeps code out of main memory, and it isolates itself totally - so it "in theory" can not be dumped, which is of course, where all the goodies are (keys, keys, keys)

    I hope that he's having success in attacking that area - but lets see if anything gets released, at this moment it seems like nothing is being shared.
    But it is a nice step in the good direction right CJPC ? Well if some sort of info does come out of it ..
    Last edited by ModderFokker; 01-22-2010 at 10:22 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by ModderFokker View Post
    But it is a nice step in the good direction right CJPC ? Well if some sort of info does come out of it ..
    Definitely a step in the right direction once GeoHot shares more details... in the Dev channel they brought up this, which is a good point to keep in mind:

    If it means having a PC/FPGA nearby all the time to do stuff it will be a pain, however, GeoHot says he has access to the SPU routines so hopefully he will be able to extract keys eventually which would mean real homebrew then.

    Hopefully GeoHot's next update will arrive soon.

  10. #20
    God! I'm really excited now! I dunno what to say, I just wanted to post because I'm thrilled!

    Let's see what the following week's news bring!

 

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Please Register at PS4News.com, Login or Activate Your Account to make comments on the PS4 News Forums. Thanks!

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS4 Downloads - PS4 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 4 News