Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Page 8 of 11 First ... 789 ... Last
    Yeah, at the moment our data is a tad corrupted, for instance the TEXT:

[Register or Login to view code]

Which, should be:

As you can see, the data is offset quite a bit, let alone every time I crash the PS3 it takes nearly one hour to get the sploit back!

Big Grin

(CJPC after a day's work) "I Got Blisters On My Fingers" if anyone gets the reference kudos to you.

Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    As you can see, the data is offset quite a bit, let alone every time I crash the PS3 it takes nearly one hour to get the sploit back!
    Damn, that sounds exhausting

But that line of corrupted text sounds like a little child who tries learning to read

im..ima...image!

Lightbulb

Well, it seems to me that, as it's usual for a 64bit architecture, you are just reading 8 bytes at a time. So to fix this it would be enough to change your reading loop from

for(i=0;i<N;i++)
    dump(lv1_peek(i+base));

to

for(i=0;i<N;i+=8)
    dump(lv1_peek(i+base));

Question

CJPC, how much are you in a mood to try kicking-in a quicker signal to do the sploit ?

Maybe going down near as possible as we can to 1,25ns (that's the initial timing of the XDR set) it could be possible to avoid data corruption...

Quote Originally Posted by puppero View Post
    Well, it seems to me that, as it's usual for a 64bit architecture, you are just reading 8 bytes at a time. So to fix this it would be enough to change your reading loop from

for(i=0;i<N;i++)
    dump(lv1_peek(i+base));

to

for(i=0;i<N;i+=8)
    dump(lv1_peek(i+base));
    Heh thanks - that would be the exact issue and fix - nice work!

Of course, in the mean-while we sorted another (more automated) way to get it dumped - stay tuned!

Lightbulb

Like a modded keyboard with a delay cell to synchronyze the input of the signal right after the input of the "disallocate" command ?

Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    i'm more of a reader than a poster.. but i had been wondering if this was a one time deal or if it had to be redone every time it reboots.. I assumed by the way it works it had to be redone every time... which i'm sure sucks! Good luck though! I can't wait to see the dumps.. doubt i will find anything with my current limited knowledge but i do know how to work ida and i'm sure i'll waste a few nites staring at stuff i don't understand for the heck of it =P

This is great, hopefully someone will find something to enable some sweetass homebrew

I was also wondering after you have all snooped around a little and hopefully learnt some new things, would it make it any easier to craft say for example malformed tiff images or saved games etc?

good luck. Hope we can have something going on the near future!

Page 8 of 11 First ... 789 ... Last