I love this program and always use it. But I think what MajorD+cc says is true.
Boot-able will detect if a game is boot-able as it is, (e.g no split files) not whether it has 4g.b+ files, (fat32 compatible).
Not exactly a game breaker for me I'll still use it but their recommendation would be a good be a good addition.
ah thanks for the clarification wborland. the 'bootable' column is kinda confusing to me at first. this app is awesome. i like this one compared to the others game manager.
Another PS3 Game List update, changes below:
Download: PS3 Game List v1.5
- Loads game info stored at the PS3 (via FTP context menu);
- Downloads updates of games stored at the PS3;
- Allows users to set a default download folder (via settings dialog);
- Game folder depth configuration (via settings dialog; e.g. "Z:\GAMEZ\Gran Turismo 5\BCUS98114\" instead of "Z:\GAMEZ\BCUS98114\");
- Allows replacing of game avatar and background image with custom ones (backup option via settings dialog);
- Displays FAT32 compatibility (notice the "Bootable" column indicates whether a large file is split into smaller parts);
- Additional option to rename game folders multiMAN style;
PS3 Game List v1.6
Another PS3 Game List update to version 1.6 this weekend from PS3 homebrew developer wborland0, with changes detailed below as follows:
Download: PS3 Game List v1.6
Another release to improve the request backlog. As usual, feel free to suggest something new, and, if you happen to find any bugs, please report them as well.
PS3 Game List change-log and features:
- Loads info from multiple game folders (configuration via settings dialog);
- FTP renaming (via FTP context menu);
- Additional option to rename game folders to a user defined format using the tags _TITLE_ and _ID_ (e.g. _TITLE_ (_ID_) => Gran Turismo 5 (BCUS98114), [_ID_][_TITLE_] => [BCUS98114][Gran Turismo 5], XYZ _TITLE_ => XYZ Gran Turismo 5″, [_[_ID_]_] => [_[BCUS98114]_], etc. ; notice that at least one of the tags must be present and the characters \, /, :, *, ?, , <, > and | cannot be used);
- Exports game list to Excel file format (requires Microsoft Excel installed);
- Imports game list from a previously saved Excel file [requires Microsoft Excel installed; games can be manually added (a game title and a valid ID must be filled), and the worksheet layout must be followed, otherwise the rows will be skipped];
- Additional option to display disk status;
- Displays number of games and total size permanently at the status bar.
More PlayStation 3 News...
Very nice, Thanks!
Thanks for this rather useful software.
PS3 Game List Linux
Here is a PS3 Game List Linux version for those interested as well: ps3gamelist.wordpress.com/2011/05/09/ps3-game-list-linux/
Download: PS3 Game List Linux
To quote: The initial Linux port of PS3 Game List is finally here. Based upon v1.6, it implements most of the Windows version features (minus the platform specific functionality). The OpenSSL package is required (download the correspondent version for your release), and so is the Qt lib (the download link includes base files).
As usual, feel free to suggest something new, and, if you happen to find any bugs, please report them as well. If there is enough demand, there may be ports for other operating systems as well.
Hi everybody! I tried to upload my backups to my ps3 using PS3 game List 1.6 + PS3OpenFTP 2.2, but i can't upload. I tried on winXP and 7. With filezilla runs like a champs.
How do i do to upload using PS3 Game List ? Exist any tutorial?
Thanks in advance!
PS. Sorry for my bad english.. I'm Brazilian guy.
PS3 Game List for Mac - PlayStation 3 Game Manager / Updater
Here is a PS3 Game List Mac version for those interested: ps3gamelist.wordpress.com/2011/05/15/ps3-game-list-%E2%80%93-mac/
Download: PS3 Game List for Mac
To quote: For the Mac fans, the initial OSX port of PS3 Game List is here. As the Linux port, it is based upon v1.6, and it implements most of the Windows version features (minus the platform specific functionality). Mac OS X 10.5 or up is required, so is OpenSSL (OSX ships with a slightly outdated version, but it should work; feel free to update to the latest release, though) and the Qt lib (the download link includes base files).
As usual, feel free to suggest something new, and, if you happen to find any bugs, please report them as well.
PS3 Game List v1.7
This weekend wborland0 has updated his PlayStation 3 Game Manager / Updater dubbed PS3 Game List to version 1.7 with the following changes, to quote:
Download: PS3 Game List v1.7
Another update, bringing PS3 Game List to v1.7; the engine underwent improvements to better accommodate the requested features. Download resuming, full Unicode support and info on external loading are some of the new functionality.
As usual, feel free to suggest something new, and, if you happen to find any bugs, please report them as well. Due to the new column layout, the Excel worksheets must be created again before being imported.
PS3 Game List change-log and features v1.7:
- Allows multiple simultaneous downloads (configuration via settings dialog);
- Supports download pausing/resuming;
- Displays download speed;
- Allows users to indicate whether a game loads from the external hard disk or not (double click on the correspondent cell to select the desired value, the info will be stored at ‘external.txt’ when the save action is performed; the file can be manually edited, the format is [GAME_ID] CODE, where CODE can be 0 (Not Tested), 1 (Not Working) or 2 (Working); e.g. BCUS98114 0);
- Full Unicode support (UTF-8) (configuration via settings dialog; by enabling Unicode, the application will render non-Latin characters used in western languages, special symbols, etc.; text will be rendered using ISO-8859-1(Latin-1)/Windows-1252 otherwise);
- Displays check items (flags) as icons (configuration via settings dialog);
- Indicates whether a game update has been downloaded (partially or in full);
- Overwrite confirmation is no longer asked (the package SHA1sum is checked instead; if the hash test fails, the update will be added to the download queue);
- Additional language support: Japanese;
- Fixed _TITLE_/_ID_ order issue (custom rename);
- Fixed image loading issue after folder renaming;
- Fixed drive usage info;
- Updated German text (thanks to Whynot for the correct translation).
More PlayStation 3 News...