PS3-FTP v1.0 Homebrew App Arrives, Made with PSL1GHT SDK
Following PS3 FTP Server and PS3 FTP Server v1.2, today stoneMcClane has introduced the third PS3 FTP homebrew application called simply PS3-FTP for PlayStation 3 JailBreak users, this one being made with the PSL1GHT open-source SDK.
Download: PS3-FTP v1.0 / GIT
To quote: The first legal PS3 ftp server has arrived, courtesy of stoneMcClane. The previous ftp servers for PS3 used the Sony SDK. However, PS3FTP is coded with the PSL1GHT Open SDK, making it completely legal.
Please note during our testing of PS3FTP, it crashed several times. It appears this new project still has some bugs to work out.
Finally, from the ReadMe file:
A minimal PlayStation3 FTP server written with the help of PSL1GHT (http://www.psl1ght.com/)
1) To start the FTP server, just run the PS3-FTP.self via ps3load/wiiload or install the PS3-FTP.pkg and run it directly from the XMB on your PS3.
2) Configure your FTP Client to use passive mode and only one FTP connection at a time.
3) Connect to your PS3's IP on port 21 with an FTP client of your choice. If you don't know the IP address of your PS3, go to Settings -> Network Settings in the XMB, it is listed there along with other network settings.
PS3-FTP has been tested and should be compatible with the following clients:
- Windows Explorer
- BSD/UNIX FTP shell client
4) To stop the server once it is running, you have to be connected to your PS3 with your FTP client. Press and hold down the X button on your controller and terminate the connection of your FTP client or just close the FTP client on your PC completely.
The PS3-FTP server should then shutdown and your PS3 should return to the XMB.
If you are a developer, you can also stop and restart PS3-FTP via telnet. Simply connect to the FTP Port (21) of your PS3 via telnet and type "QUIT!" or "QUITR". If you are running Unix and have the "expect" interpreter installed, you can use the "stop" and "restart" scripts that are located at the repository's root directory.
(Remember to close the connection of your FTP client before trying to connect via telnet)
More PlayStation 3 News...
I prefer the blackb0x release. Why ? I use it for a few months now, just 1 crash in all the time. Another reason is, that the program shows your PS3 IP (Ok, I used FTP so much I know the IP, but I think it's easier for everyone if it's standing in the program). They should make it more stable and use not a pungent ratio like blackb0x (black/red on Plasma ).
you break the copyright (apparently) of sony when you jailbreak it.
so making "legal" homebrew is just stupid.
I haven't tried this myself, but I've read that it's very buggy so far. Hopefully they can improve it.
The more options we have, the better! But I think BlackBox FTP still the right choice for now, maybe future versions of PS3-FTP could improve things up. Thanks to stoneMcClane for the effort!
this is still considered as improvement although it needs more tweaking. keep up the good work mate
I've been waiting for this, the previous one was too unstable.
Edit: Well it doesn't work for me, it just freezes my PS3. I tried reinstalling it but the result is the same.
Funny stuff, I was gonna say if anything this one is way more unstable.
Hell i've yet to use something coded with the PSL1GHT Open SDK that doesn't have problems coming out the ying yang.
Which I think all the problems are all coming from.
How exactly is it an improvement if it doesn't blinkin work.