12-23-2011 #31Banned User
- Join Date
- Jul 2008
Exermine the .xml`s it's really easy to add this. If you can't figure out i will help
And for that you don't need the kiosk part. You can do this with official xml files of 4.0 without the need of resigning it.
oh right, lol..
Looks like very interesting news on the firmware for the ps3 and nice work so far on this and nice news story on this PS3 News..
has anyone actually tested this? does the mod dev_flash swap drive thing actually work. it worked for me but i'm unsure if it worked for anyone elase. by work i mean booted into the xmb.
Where i can download it? I really need it, I have been looking for a long time.
how can i watch the video ? also i have a demo ps3
01-17-2012 #38Banned User
- Join Date
- Apr 2007
Can anyone please tell me what Upsilon means when he says he "leaked" the 4.00 dev_flash, like it was difficult to get or something, guys, anyone can just extract the dev_flash files from the pup of any newer firmwares, retail/debug/kiosk, no difference to extract, tools are available for that for a long time.
I'm going to "leak" the debug 4.00 dev_flash on here too so we can have all the great dev_flash "leaks" in one thread!! I already "leaked" it in the other thread on here so might as well just let this PUPpy leak all over the place!
Can I get a 30 page thread too? here's my leakage = http://www.multiupload.com/3HLK19DQYK
Wtf, is someone extracting a PUP such big news to starved backupers now that the scene will start a thread over it. Seems you only need to say the word "keys" or "CFW" these days to start a 30+ page thread on every scene site from here to france!
and before anyone asks me, No, I dont know if skyrim/batman can be booted using this, dev wiki says no but even the experts get it wrong sometimes!
01-17-2012 #39Banned User
- Join Date
- Jul 2008
Right NO ONE of the actual higher dev's told us ever that the PS3 use a UNIVERSAL SWITCH KEY !!!
There for we're able to boot FW files of higher FW on a lower one
01-20-2012 #40Banned User
- Join Date
- Jan 2011
Video: Adding 'Install Package Files' on PS3 4.00 Dev_Flash Mod
Below is a video demonstrating my PS3 4.00 Dev_Flash modification, which simply allows users to install Retail signed package (PKG) files from the PlayStation 3 XMB.
Note: This modification does not allow the installation / usage of unsigned content / PS3 homebrew etc. This is purely a convenience hack and is aimed for use by those who have hardware flashers which allow dual boot.
After technodon's work creating a modified kiosk dev_flash which lets you install retail signed package files. The restrictions of having to use kiosk firmware inspired me to find a way to add "Install Package Files" for retail firmware.
This is hack does the following things:
- adds "★ Install Package Files" and "★ /app_home/PS3_GAME/" to "GAME" on the XMB (allowing the user to install retail package files anytime they want)
- adds other debug functions which are small but still there
- does not give access to "★ Debug Setting" (reasons for this are explained below)
This installation procedure is the similar to technodon's original dev_flash hdd swap procedure
For this you will need two hard drives a e3 flasher or similar device to downgrade your PS3 (assuming that you're on firmware 4.00 and you have an e3 flasher)
- downgrade to 3.55 using the downgrade tools from e3 (Of course when downgrading to 3.55 make sure you use a different hdd than the hdd which you were using 4.00)
- once booted back into the xmb turn off the console
- swap hard drives turn on the system, press the PS button and you will be asked to reinstall the firmware
- place the pup file from the e3 downgrade tools in the normal PS3/UPDATE usb folder and follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall the firmware
- then install dev_blind.pkg & Blackb0x FTP from install packages
- run dev_blind then BlackB0x and FTP into the console
- goto /dev_blind delete everything and replace them with the customised dev_flash
- press the ps button and the console should reboot and and ask to reinstall the firmware again, switch off the console and swap the hard drive back
- turn on the console press the ps button twice
- the console should boot back into 3.55 Rogero
- goto system update and install 4.00 OFW
- once installed turn the console off again and swap hard drives back and you should boot into a modified 4.00 retail firmware.
My package (downloadable at http://www.multiupload.com/20LFVKUHDG) includes:
- My modded dev_flash
- OFW 4.00 PS3UPDAT.PUP
Sorry about the camera quality, it's the best I can manage.
P.S. BTW the "nas_plugin.sprx" in this dev_flash has not been altered to achieve "Install Package Files". Also for those who will analyze my modded dev_flash, you will find that I have used debug .sprx files from the a debug 4.00 pup.
P.P.S. I originally intended to get "★ Debug Settings" to work with this. But usage of "debug settings" required the ps3 to use a debug vsh.self, and that crashes the ps3 when trying to load applications (I did some other things as well to prevent the PS3 from giving me a RSOD when I swapped the vsh.self files, I'm not detailing it in public because I don't want Sony to patch it).
More PlayStation 3 News...