12-23-2011 #31cfwprophet Guest
Exermine the .xml`s it's really easy to add this. If you can't figure out i will help
And for that you don't need the kiosk part. You can do this with official xml files of 4.0 without the need of resigning it.
12-23-2011 #32technodon Guest
oh right, lol..
12-23-2011 #33Starlight Guest
Looks like very interesting news on the firmware for the ps3 and nice work so far on this and nice news story on this PS3 News..
12-24-2011 #34technodon Guest
has anyone actually tested this? does the mod dev_flash swap drive thing actually work. it worked for me but i'm unsure if it worked for anyone elase. by work i mean booted into the xmb.
12-27-2011 #35jitohurameshi Guest
Where i can download it? I really need it, I have been looking for a long time.
- Join Date
- Apr 2005
01-17-2012 #37Boltin13 Guest
how can i watch the video ? also i have a demo ps3
01-17-2012 #38DeViL303 Guest
Can anyone please tell me what Upsilon means when he says he "leaked" the 4.00 dev_flash, like it was difficult to get or something, guys, anyone can just extract the dev_flash files from the pup of any newer firmwares, retail/debug/kiosk, no difference to extract, tools are available for that for a long time.
I'm going to "leak" the debug 4.00 dev_flash on here too so we can have all the great dev_flash "leaks" in one thread!! I already "leaked" it in the other thread on here so might as well just let this PUPpy leak all over the place!
Can I get a 30 page thread too? here's my leakage = http://www.multiupload.com/3HLK19DQYK
Wtf, is someone extracting a PUP such big news to starved backupers now that the scene will start a thread over it. Seems you only need to say the word "keys" or "CFW" these days to start a 30+ page thread on every scene site from here to france!
and before anyone asks me, No, I dont know if skyrim/batman can be booted using this, dev wiki says no but even the experts get it wrong sometimes!
01-17-2012 #39cfwprophet Guest
Right NO ONE of the actual higher dev's told us ever that the PS3 use a UNIVERSAL SWITCH KEY !!!
There for we're able to boot FW files of higher FW on a lower one
01-20-2012 #40ps3hen Guest
Video: Adding 'Install Package Files' on PS3 4.00 Dev_Flash Mod
Below is a video demonstrating my PS3 4.00 Dev_Flash modification, which simply allows users to install Retail signed package (PKG) files from the PlayStation 3 XMB.
Note: This modification does not allow the installation / usage of unsigned content / PS3 homebrew etc. This is purely a convenience hack and is aimed for use by those who have hardware flashers which allow dual boot.
After technodon's work creating a modified kiosk dev_flash which lets you install retail signed package files. The restrictions of having to use kiosk firmware inspired me to find a way to add "Install Package Files" for retail firmware.
This is hack does the following things:
- adds "★ Install Package Files" and "★ /app_home/PS3_GAME/" to "GAME" on the XMB (allowing the user to install retail package files anytime they want)
- adds other debug functions which are small but still there
- does not give access to "★ Debug Setting" (reasons for this are explained below)
This installation procedure is the similar to technodon's original dev_flash hdd swap procedure
For this you will need two hard drives a e3 flasher or similar device to downgrade your PS3 (assuming that you're on firmware 4.00 and you have an e3 flasher)
- downgrade to 3.55 using the downgrade tools from e3 (Of course when downgrading to 3.55 make sure you use a different hdd than the hdd which you were using 4.00)
- once booted back into the xmb turn off the console
- swap hard drives turn on the system, press the PS button and you will be asked to reinstall the firmware
- place the pup file from the e3 downgrade tools in the normal PS3/UPDATE usb folder and follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall the firmware
- then install dev_blind.pkg & Blackb0x FTP from install packages
- run dev_blind then BlackB0x and FTP into the console
- goto /dev_blind delete everything and replace them with the customised dev_flash
- press the ps button and the console should reboot and and ask to reinstall the firmware again, switch off the console and swap the hard drive back
- turn on the console press the ps button twice
- the console should boot back into 3.55 Rogero
- goto system update and install 4.00 OFW
- once installed turn the console off again and swap hard drives back and you should boot into a modified 4.00 retail firmware.
My package (downloadable at http://www.multiupload.com/20LFVKUHDG) includes:
- My modded dev_flash
- OFW 4.00 PS3UPDAT.PUP
Sorry about the camera quality, it's the best I can manage.
P.S. BTW the "nas_plugin.sprx" in this dev_flash has not been altered to achieve "Install Package Files". Also for those who will analyze my modded dev_flash, you will find that I have used debug .sprx files from the a debug 4.00 pup.
P.P.S. I originally intended to get "★ Debug Settings" to work with this. But usage of "debug settings" required the ps3 to use a debug vsh.self, and that crashes the ps3 when trying to load applications (I did some other things as well to prevent the PS3 from giving me a RSOD when I swapped the vsh.self files, I'm not detailing it in public because I don't want Sony to patch it).
More PlayStation 3 News...