01-27-2012 #101ps3hen Guest
Sorry, what do you mean?
Don't forget no cinavia DRM on most media
01-27-2012 #102Nabnab Guest
If you have a debug unit you can launch everything you need into debugger mode but you need to do that with standart self only
01-27-2012 #103SanctumSlayer Guest
Yea I always figured this method would become the holy grail most CFW users have been waiting for.
Also forgot. Yea, ps3hen's hfw disables cinavia on all media but bd. Useful feature.
01-27-2012 #104arktos Guest
what about appldr patch to run fselfs natively? i have tried it and it bricked coreos.
01-27-2012 #105pyong Guest
what would happen if you put the debug nas_plugin.sprx file into the firmware?
01-27-2012 #106ps3hen Guest
The complete inability to understand the context of news, in some forums is disgusting. Thank god we don't have anyone like that here in ps4news.com.
01-27-2012 #107cfwprophet Guest
Allows installation of debug pkg's
How you want to patch the encrypted file without breaking the signatur ? Sure it will brick CORE_OS cause you need first to decrypt to elf >> patch >> encrypt to self file / and even then its not done >> rebuild owner, group, id's, checksum and access of pkg's or dev_flash.tar's >> rebuild update_files.tar and also owner, group, id's, checksum and access >> rebuild pup.
But how you want to decrypt appldr without the needed key for it ?
01-28-2012 #108Bravo1979 Guest
will this allow a jailbreak for CFW 4.00!?
01-31-2012 #109ps3hen Guest
Video: PS3 4.00 HFW (Hybrid Firmware) v2.5 Update Arrives
Following my previous release, today I have returned with another update for my PS3 4.00 HFW (Hybrid Firmware) to version 2.5 with details below.
Download: PS3 4.00 HFW (Hybrid Firmware) v2.5 Update
I'm not going to make you re-download another 180MB PUP file, Instead I've decided to release a patch which has all the tools required to patch my Version 2 pup to be Version 2.5 (although when the link for the version 2 pup gets taken down I'll release a version 2.5 pup). The patch files can be downloaded here:
Just like before only retail signed .PKG can be installed with this. Have fun. THIS HFW WILL NOT ALLOW HOMEBREW!
How to install the 3.2 Update Patch for my 4.00HFW:
1/ Install PS3MFW Builder v0.2.1
2/ Copy the 'change_xml_files.tcl' file to the 'task' folder of PS3MFW Builder
4/ Put my "modded FW 4.00(releasev2).PUP" as the "Original fw" and whatever you want as the "Modified fw"
3/ Uncheck every thing except "PS3HEN's 4.00HFW Patch 1"
4/ In "PS3HEN's 4.00HFW Patch 1" link each file on the task page to the ones in the "Dev_flash files to be patched" folder in this package
5/ Select "Build MFW"
Hooray Its built!
The task file used here was originally written by RazorX, but modified by me so it can be used to install my patch.
.PUP Installation Instructions:
1. Be on a firmware 3.55 or less
2. Install the .pup through the XMB (Make sure you have a working hardware flasher as there is no other way to downgrade)
- Fix's Custom Icons/labels not showing in-game
- Using Version 0.07 of the XMB File Manager (ported to FW 4.00 by me)
- PSN content waiting to be installed/copied now only shows in the (Playstation Network Content) sub menu of the XMB File Manager (I noticed the XMB File Manager used the wrong internal link to show PSN content so I fixed this)
- PS2 game discs show as "Playstation 2 Format Disc" instead of "Unrecognised Data" on Non-BC PS3s
- The XMB File Manager uses a custom icon(see picture)
- The "Playstation Network Content" now uses a (IMO) better icon
- Adds "Debug XMB Items" to the XMB Column "PlayStation Network" (contains the Debug items found in this column, originally for DEX)
- Removes the useless "PlayStation Plus" XMB item from the XMB Column "PlayStation Network"
- Disables Cinavia DRM on all media except Blue-ray.
- Adds DeViL303's "XMB File Manager" to the XMB Column "Game"
- Adds "/app_home/PS3GAME/" to the XMB Column "Game" (has no function at the moment, but is here for completeness)
A video demonstrating the XMB mods:
More PlayStation 3 News...
- Join Date
- Apr 2005