08-19-2011 #41dayv Guest
been stuck on 3.61 since May. Waiting for CFW or downgrade. but this tutorial is not easy to understand.
08-19-2011 #42mushy409 Guest
I'm still trying elser1's tutorial for 3.6x downgrade with infectus. Any changes I make to the NAND result in YLOD. If I flash the backups back then the console boots normally...
Trying as we speak to flash the 2 x 128Mb modified files and see what happens. Looks like Differential Flashing is a no-go for this. I've tried a few times and it YLOD's my PS3.
08-19-2011 #43elser1 Guest
LOL.. i wish it was my tut mate, but its not... ha
- Join Date
- Apr 2005
Guide: PS3 Slim CFW 3.55 to OFW 3.70 with 2 HDDs Fast Swap
Following up on the initial PS3 Slim 3.70 Downgrade and PS3 3.7x Downgrade for Slims and Fats with NOR Flash news, this weekend Italian PlayStation 3 hackers DiGiTaLAnGeL (linked above) have made available a guide to fast swap PS3 Slim CFW 3.55 to OFW 3.70 with 2 HDDs and ProgSkeet followed by a New Method - PS3 Downgrade v2 Supports all NOR Flash from TwoStone.
To quote, roughly translated: Today I'll write a tutorial to “fast-swap” between CFW 3.55 and OFW 3.70, using 2 HDDs... at the end of the tutorial, you'll be able to swap between the firmware just flashing a dump on your PS3 using Progskeet. (instead of downgrading and losing all data).
The first steps are not so easy, so take your time and go on, by the way, you must have some skill with Progskeet, and it must be 100% working on your console.
What we need:
- PS3 Slim running with FW 3.70
- 2 Hard Disks
- Progskeet installed and working on your PS3 Slim
- Downgrade.bin (edited with your personal data): http://www.multiupload.com/EZRZ2QR98W / Downgrade v2 http://www.multiupload.com/ZJINMAKAEP
- 3.55 Downgrade Dongle to do the downgrade process.
- Sony OFW 3.70 UPDATE: http://www.ps4news.com/forums/downlo...o=file&id=5224
- CFW 3.55 KMEAW “NO CHECK” by dospiedra: http://www.multiupload.com/4S6NGO13H4
- Lv2Diag By JaicraB: http://www.multiupload.com/9CP2RDYOUQ
- Lv2Diag “FILE 2″ to go out of Service/Factory Mode: http://www.mediafire.com/?b07qrb96iz99ibb
We need 2 HDD because the NOR flashes stores some parts of the current FW on the HDD… so we will need 2 HDDs, one is for 3.55, and one is for 3.70.. We will call those HDD “A” (for 3.70) and “B” (for 3.55) don't mix them up!
Starting with a PS3 Slim with OFW 3.70.
1. Plug in HDD “B”, format and prepare it if it’s required by the PS3 and you should have your 3.70 up and running.
2. DUMP your actual NOR and call it “original dump 3.70.bin”
3. Now flash your “downgrade.bin” (edited with the personal data found in “original dump 3.70.bin”)
4. Turn on your PS3 and be sure that the PS3 is asking you to press the PS button (downgrade.bin flashed correctly )
5. Insert a 3.55 Downgrade dongle and enter factory/service mode.
6. Copy Lv2Diag.self by Jaicrab and the 3.55 NO CHECK UPDATE renamed as “PS3UPDAT.PUP” in the root of your USB Stick.
7. Plug in the USB Stick in the most-right USB port of your PS3 and wait for it to turn OFF.
8. Leave the factory mode using the other Lv2Diag.self
9. After the reboot, you need to configure and set up your system... now you have a fully working 3.55 CFW based on KMEAW “NO CHECK”.
10. DUMP your actual NOR and call it “swap dump 3.55.bin”
11. Unplug HDD B and Plug in HDD A.
12. Turn on your PS3, plug in your USB Stick containing official 3.70 update and press start+select when asked.
13. When the PS3 reboots, check that the system is fully working and DUMP your actual NOR and call it “swap dump 3.70.bin”.
NOW IT’S OVER! You should have “swap dump 3.55.bin” and “swap dump 3.70.bin” ... Now you just have to swap HDD and flash the corresponding dump:
- HDD A = swap dump 3.70.bin
- HDD B = swap dump 3.55.bin
WARNING: Do not install other CFW than the “NO CHECK” one... because it’s used to make the “fast-swap” working... if you flash something different you will not be able to go between the 2 FWs. This CFW disable the Syscon checking at the startup... so it will not freeze or complain when the syscon says “3.70″ and your FW is 3.55
In case you wanna update your console with a future “3.80″ or-so firmware. Do not update your console when you are running 3.55 firmware! You have to go to “swap dump 3.70.bin” and then update as usual (XMB or recovery)... By the way, the downgrade is confirmed working only on 3.70... we haven’t tested it on other FWs, you could lose the possibility to go back to 3.55!
More PlayStation 3 News...
08-20-2011 #45adrianc1982 Guest
I hope we get this method for the fat ps3s, but somehow I doubt it since they have the complete flash in the ps3 and not on the hdd. Correct me if I'm wrong...
But great fo those ps3 slim users because they can go ofw and back to jb mode with a couple of hours of work...
08-20-2011 #46EiKii Guest
08-20-2011 #47dok2033 Guest
GREAT & i have a question for the one who already has kmeaw CFW running.. what is exactly the step to start from this tutorial ??
08-20-2011 #48HeyManHRU Guest
There is no need to use this tutorial if you have Kmeaw CFW.
08-20-2011 #49Pcsx2006 Guest
Nice tutorial btw its too difficult for an average joe like me.
08-20-2011 #50HeyManHRU Guest