set it fan control in manual mine set to 0x90 all the time, (0x90 might be too loud when it comes to slim models) but your goal here is make your PS3 as low as 62C.
But if you're nosy about the noise, then forget about protecting your PS3 from getting overheat.
Anyone know if this would work on rebug 4.30? Curious to see how this runs
doesn't work. if you really need a fan mod use iris 2.68u. it works good on 4.50
Really? I was under the impression that the fan controller in Iris was more or less the same code as the standalone, and would need an updated payload to work with the new CFW.
drphuz mate will try thanks for replying
PS3 Fan Control Utility v1.10 for PS3 CFW 4.50 is Released
Following up on the previous updates and Iris Manager 2.68U Final, today Italian PlayStation 3 developer Alexander has released PS3 Control Fan Utility 1.10 for PS3 CFW 4.50 with the changes below.
Download: CTRL_FAN1.10_UNOFF_OPNMODD [CFW 4.50].pkg / CTRL_FAN1.10_UNOFF_OPNMODD [CFW 4.50].pkg (Mirror) / Fan Control Utility v.1.9.1 (4.40 CFW) / Fan Control Utility v.1.9.1 (4.41 CFW) / Fan Control Utility v.1.9.1 (4.46 CFW) / Fan Control Utility v.1.9.2 (4.50 CFW) by baxalo
To quote, roughly translated: AVAILABLE MODES:
- 0 > Maximum fan speed.
- 1 > SYSCON Fan control.
- 2 > Manual Control fan speed.
- Payload > Control Fans Alternative to the Official Sony.
- SQUARE to change modes.
- Arrow UP/DOWN to Increase/Decrease the speed of the fan in Mode 2.
- TRIANGLE to return to the XMB.
- START to store the speed in Mode 2.
NOTE: Tested with CFW 4.50 FERROX 1.0 on a CECH-2004A.
Control Fan Utility v.1.9.1 & 1.9.2 by baxalo
- add 4.46 payload
- add compatibility for ALL 4.46
- fix minor bugs
- add 4.50 payload
More PlayStation 3 News...
PS3 Fan Control Utility v1.11 for PS3 CFW 4.50 is Released
Following up on the previous update, today Italian PlayStation 3 developer Alexander returns with PS3 Control Fan Utility 1.11 for PS3 CFW 4.50 with the changes below.
Download: CTRL_FAN1.11_UNOFF_OPNMODD.rar / ctrlfan_fw450_silent.zip by adygt (Changes: the lowest speed restriction in mode 2 is now 0x4F, 0x5A is now the default speed in mode 2, and changed the icon to the former one by Estwald)
To quote, roughly translated: Alexander, rushes to help users who have had problems with the series 4.46 (Custom Firmware), as well as integrate new payload and correct some serious errors of release 1.10 Unofficial.
- Fixed a crash Homebrew 4.46.1 pressing triangle in the series and D-REX REX
- Fixed the error on CFW 4.46 after 3/4h of gameplay marked -1 degree (Thanks to Lalo and Mad_Lion for reporting)
- Compatible with CFW 4.41dex (Thanks to Rancid-o)
- Fixed For CFW 4.46cex (Thanks to REIZA72 for reporting )
- Compatible with CW 4.46dex (Thanks to REIZA72 for DUMP.)
- Tested the operation of CFW 4.50 FERROX 1.0 in a PS3 CECH 2004A.
- Tested the operation of Rebug 4.46.1-REX REX & D in a PS3 CECH 2004A.
- Xray437 Ferrox 4.50 1.00
- REIZA72 4.46.1
More PlayStation 3 News...