great news for everyoneSponsored Links
i really hope that we will get update(s) about this project. can't wait that i'll have 3.41 again with the possibility of the anytime up/downgrade to/from 3.55!
i cant wait for this. i came to the jb scene literally the day after the 3.55 update. i was soo mad. i was just checking into buying a ps3 with 3.41 too. this will save me some money. thanks.
i cant wait for this to be released. i found all this stuff out literally the day after i updated to 3.55. i was even considering buying a ps3 with 3.41 to really be able to check stuff out. this could save me some money. will it be able to install backup manager? i'd really like to be able to pt my games on the hdd so my kids wont scratch the discs.
sadly, i don't have money for a 2nd PS3 now so i really hope, that it will support backups, etc. but some update would be really nice from the devs about the current state.
also that KaKaRoTo could tell that how many % is the chance that the downgrade bricks the PS. did he do it on fat or slim? i could risk it, 'cause i want to have back the good old apps
Can there be an option to update for online play with original blu-rays and then downgrade to play backups from HDD would be awesome, has anyone had any success decrypting 3.55 and then running the system firmware temporarily from the HDD a bit like how usbloaders work but from inside a 3.41 system...
Just a thought, at least then we could access PSN because the system would be running 3.55 (for the moment) and then all we would do is reboot and start again in 3.41 ready to be jailbroken and play our backups/homebrew.
Think this thread can be updated and closed for now.
Last update from KaKaRoToKS: "Sad news, downgrade worked, but not reliable, only works with ond of Xtse's ps3s, but can't reproduce it.. I'm going to look for another way."
Also when asked if he release any details on what he did he stated: "I prefer not to because it involves bricking the console as the frist step. Also it doesn't work, so no need."
Hopefully next time they will hold off with news of such things until it's fully tested and ready for release, but OK for now we will close this thread until another update is available.