12-10-2010 #21Ne0z Guest
Yeah i'm gonna wait before I go through all that. The PS3 in question was sitting over some old coats in the basement for three months so yeah.. wasn't really my go-to Bluray player to begin with
12-11-2010 #22flashpc Guest
Failed, downgraded to 2.10 then formated the HDD, so it would boot, then upgraded to 3.41.
At every step I tried BD Playback and everytime the same error...oh poo
12-11-2010 #23djhazardous Guest
Did you backup your previous Jailbroken v3.41 /dev_flash2 and /dev_flash3 file contents?
12-11-2010 #24flashpc Guest
If anyone has any luck accessing the data on the BD disc can you let us know
Success... Woo yeah!!
To anyone who made have a problem with blu-rays here is the list of tasks I used to fix it with many thanks to everyone's input...
1. Backup PS3 System to External Drive incase of System Failure
2. Downgrade to 3.41 (within Factory Mode)
3. Test BD - nothing
4. Downgrade to 3.10 (within Factory Mode)
5. Test BD - nothing
6. Upgrade to 3.41 (within Retail Mode)
7. Test BD - nothing
8. Restore From System Backup
9. Test BD - nothing
10. Downgrade to 2.10 (within Factory Mode)
11. Format HDD (within Retail Mode)
12. Test BD - nothing
13. Upgrade to 3.41 (within Retail Mode)
14. Test BD - nothing
15. Load PS3-FTP (the one made with PSL1GHT)
16. Backup both dev_flash2 & dev_flash3 from the downgraded PS3 (PHAT)
17. Boot up second PS3 in JB mode
18. Load PS3-FTP (the one made with PSL1GHT)
19. Backup both dev_flash2 & dev_flash3 from the second PS3 (SLIM)
20. Shutdown the second PS3
21. Boot up first PS3 in JB mode
22. Load PS3-FTP (the one made with PSL1GHT)
23. Navigate to dev_flash2 and delete the folder 'drm'
24. Now copy the files backed up from the second PS3 (SLIM) into dev_flash2 & dev_flash3 and select Overide on everything
25. Shutdown the first PS3, and turn power off
26. Boot up first PS3
27. Test BD - Success... I'm watching the Blu-ray as I write this
The next task is going to be to restore the data from the initial backup... wish me luck that by doing this I won't mess up the BD Playback.
- Join Date
- Apr 2005
12-12-2010 #26gamefreak2010 Guest
Can someone post flash2 & flash3 from a slim?
12-12-2010 #27mushy409 Guest
I was reading up about this. DRM is the 'Digital Rights Management'
My educated guess would be that the leaked 3.41 PUP has either revoked or dummy DRM info thus causing BD movie playback to fail. Could someone test this?
Backup flash2 & flash3 BEFORE downgrading
Start your PS3 in recovery mode & select 'Rebuild Database'
Downgrade to whichever firmware
Give it a try. If all else fails try restoring your flash2 & flash3. I've downgraded my PS3 and haven't run into BD trouble unfortunatley, so I can't test or comment really (not really fussed as I've got a seperate bluray player)
12-12-2010 #28flashpc Guest
12-12-2010 #29mpleao Guest
Can you tell me if the vsflash on the Fat has been disabled or enabled?
12-12-2010 #30bitsbubba Guest