Following up on the previous PlayStation 3 Debug Firmware updates from last week, today Frodo The Hobbit reports that PS3 Debug / Test Firmware version 4.01 has now been leaked as well.
Download: PS3 Debug / Test Firmware 4.01 / Dev_Flash CoreOS Unpack 4.01 Dex / PS3 Debug / Test Firmware 4.01 (Mirror: SCEA / SC3APR)
To quote, roughly translated: "Very soon after its released version 4.00 debug Sony decides to release a Firmware 4.01 for stamped its consoles Test / Debug. We remind you that this type of firmware is not installed on the consoles so-called "Retail" we just buy in the store.
No changelog available at this time. See us before long a 4.01 in our living room, only time will tell. The file is available for download if you want to update your console to Test / Debug."
As always, these PUP updates will currently NOT install on a retail PS3, and so they are intended for examination and comparison purposes only.
We have 100% confirmed that running this updater on a retail PS3 will not damage it, however, it will give the following error before the installation completes: The data type is not supported. (8002F029)
Finally, in related news cotojestwtf has made available a Pendrive SWAP Mod + Way to Backups PS1/PS2 and PS3 on Debug Unit guide for those interested as follows:
Download: SWAPMOD for PS3 Debug / Test Consoles / SWAPMOD for PS3 Debug / Test Consoles (Mirror)
I decided to share my work. Let's started.. Pendrive SWAP Mod it's like .tiff exploit. It hangs a system when you run a game, then u can swap a PS1/PS2 Game on Retail. But on Debug Unit PS3 Game recorded to BR!
Intructions to run a PS1/PS2 Backup RETAIL/DEBUG CONSOLE ONLY:
1. Format your pendrive to fat32.
2. Run SWAPMOD.exe and install it to your pendrive.
3. Run the PlayStation 3.
4. Insert original CD/DVD PS1/PS2*.
5. Insert pendrive to PS3 USB.
6. Go to category photos on PS3.
7. Get in on visible device (your pendrive).
8. Wait a one minute on that, or long.
9. Run the original game from XMB, system will hang on your wallpaper. (BlackScreen = fail, repeat the operations)
10. Slide the original game and insert a pirate/backup game.
- if you running PS2 game, insert backup/pirate game from PS2.
- if you running PS1 game, insert backup/pirate game from PS1.
11. Remove a pendrive.
12. Now if you swapped a discs, PS3 will run the backup/pirate game.
*You can run PS2 games if your Unit have a compatible. Exploit still works on OFW 4.00
Intructions to run a PS3 Backup DEBUG CONSOLE ONLY:
1. Go to Debug Seetings
2. Search a NPDRM Debug option - set No Entitlement (80029513)
3. So now u just must do same things, they are listed above. But you swpp now a original PS3 game with pirate/backup game.
Note: BACKUP GAMES FOR PS3 MUST BE RECORDED ON BLURAY DISC.! OR IT WONT WORK
Tested on OFW Debug 4.01
More PlayStation 3 News...