01-17-2011 #1zeromx Guest
PS3 Custom Firmware LV1 / LV2 Peek and Poke by Wutangrza
Yesterday we reported on flukes1 releasing his LV1 and LV2 Peek and Poke PS3 Tools, and today Wutangrza has released a LV1 / LV2 Peek and Poke CFW Patch for enabling it in PlayStation 3 version 3.55 Custom Firmware.
Download: Official PS3 3.55 Firmware / Wutangrza 3.55 / bsdiff4.3-win32.zip / PS3 LV1 Dumper PKG (will try to dump LV1, if blackscreens reboot and rerun) PS3 LV2 Protection Remove PKG (disables LV2 checking without dumping LV1) / BM Enabler LV2 PKG by kmeaw / PS3 Custom Firmware v3.55 LV1/LV2 Peek/Poke Wutangrza (patched PUP) / PS3 Custom Firmware v3.55 LV1/LV2 Peek/Poke Wutangrza (patched PUP - Mirror #1) / PS3 Custom Firmware v3.55 LV1/LV2 Peek/Poke Wutangrza (patched PUP - Mirror #2) / PS3 Custom Firmware v3.55 LV1/LV2 Peek/Poke Wutangrza (patched PUP - Mirror #3) / PS3 Custom Firmware v3.55 LV1/LV2 Peek/Poke Wutangrza (patched PUP - Mirror #4) / PS3 Custom Firmware v3.55 LV1/LV2 Peek/Poke Wutangrza (patched PUP - Mirror #5) / PS3 Firmware 3.55 Compatible Homebrew Apps & Games / FIX PERMISSIONS Wutangrza GeoHot CFW 3.55 and FIX PERMISSIONS Waninkoko Kmeaw CFW 3.55 by festizio
PUP MD5: 05933bb7a89bee87b0aa45c74f980e81
PUP SHA1: 3d51501014ab46131a539e1664476e10fa9b611e
For those who wish to do it yourself, from PSGroove: Wutangrza was successful in repeating flukes1's process and has released a very easy to use patch, for the official 3.55 firmware.
Steps for Patching 3.55 Official Firmware on Windows
Download the above files and extract them all into the same folder
Open a command prompt, navigate to the folder where you extracted the above files, then type:
[Register or Login to view code]
Rename PS3CFW.PUP to PS3UPDAT.PUP and thats it! You now have an official 3.55 with lv1/lv2 peek and poke enabled
You're now ready to install the PUP, make sure your console has 3.55 official firmware installed, prior to flashing the peek and poke enabled version. You will need to install it from the recovery menu.
Also, after flashing the 3.55 peek and poke enabled CFW, you can then install Geohot's CFW. You will still retain lv1/lv2 peek and poke.
From http://pastie.org/private/3pkmtkkmjaaiqe6tjj81a: Flukes1 LV1/LV2 Peek and Poke CFW Analysis
- change a few bytes in some useless strings because of the way zlib deflate works.
Finally, Quakes69 has released CFWPatcher v1.05 Installer for PS3 today followed by CFWPatcher v1.07 Installer (Skinned) and CFWPatcher v1.08 r3 Installer GUI for PS3, to quote:
- Simply download to anywhere.
- Extract it - Install it
- Download 3.55ofw put it in where ever - That's if you don't already have this file.
- Download Patched PS3UPDAT.PUP put it in where ever - That's if you don't already have this file.
- Execute CFWPatcher.exe
1. Select bspatch Folder
2. Select 3.55 OFW Folder
3. Select Where to place the Modified 3.55 FW
4. Select The Patched 3.55 Folder - If not found Massege pops up
5. Select your Patch PUP File - CFW_v3.55.PUP / PS3UPDAT.PUP.bsdiff / Wutangrza-3.55.patch
Click Execute wait till it's done. Open the New Folder and Execute PS3UPDAT.md5 / CFW_v3.55.md5 To check file. MDS/SFV PS3UPDAT.PUP Checksum
V2 Flukes / netkas
PS. Nothing special. Just makes things easier. Oh, And it comes with the bspatch.exe
- Make sure you're on the OFFICIAL 3.55 FIRMWARE - If you're not. Read Here (below)
- Place the Newly Modified 3.55 Firmware in PS3\UPDATE on a mem stick/psp/mass storage device
- Follow this same procedure for the Modified Firmware Install. Read Here Other wise It'll not see the Update
- Remove the mem stick/psp/mass storage device when finished. DONE!
If you're on geohot's CFW or Kak's CFW and need to remove Geohots CFW or Kak's CFW this is how it's done.
- Grab yourself the 3.55ofw
- Place the PS3UPDAT.PUP into mem stick PS3\UPDATE\ folder
- Remove mem stick by USB's Sately Remove Hardware - Unplug
Right Click Eject
-- START SAFE MODE/RECOVERY MODE
- Turn off PS3 - If it's not OFF
- Press and hold the power button PS3 Will turn on, keep holding till you hear 2 more beeps and the PS3 will turn off.
- Press and hold the power button AGAIN. PS3 Will turn on, keep holding till you hear another beep then you will hear a quick double beep.
- Release the power button.
- You should now be in (What Sony Calls it: Safe Mode) RePair Mode.
-- END START SAFE MODE/RECOVERY MODE
- Place USB stick into the USB port
- Select #6 on the menu screen and force an Update.
From festizio on FIX PERMISSIONS: It seems that a lot of folks are having issues installing and running backups on there Ps3′s due to the bug in PL3 that effects file permissions. Here is what I have been doing to get around the black screen hangs and disc read errors.
1. fire up multiman, blackb0x, whatever ftp & transfer your backup
2. run your lv2 pkg of choice
3. run the fix permissions app that is installed from running the package located above
The app will go through the HD and correct the file permission errors that come with using PL3. I have been using this method after each game backup I install, however if you install (ftp/copy) 5 at a time the app only needs to be run once and it will fix all 5 games as it does its magic to the entire drive.
Now as far as USB, hampster driven HD's etc I can not say as I do not have any of the above so I have not tested it myself.
More PlayStation 3 News...
- Join Date
- Apr 2005
Moved to the main page now, +Rep to zeromx and all Waninkoko discussion will be -Rep'd and removed without warning as this topic is only for discussion of the Wutangrza PS3 CFW because the Waninkoko CFW has its own designated thread so we remain organized.
01-17-2011 #3metalheavy Guest
Whats the difference between this and Waninkoko's?
01-17-2011 #4calvinguy Guest
This version doesn't brick your console, but currently does not have a working back up manager (it's only a matter of time).
AVOID waninkoko's version even if your console is supposedly supported, it's not worth the risk.
- Join Date
- Apr 2005
This one is a PUP'd version based on flukes1 previously released PS3 Tools, and doesn't support Backup Managers yet. The Waninkoko one (which will we use the official thread to discuss only) does support them natively.
01-17-2011 #6tilla Guest
Will definitely be grabbing this once the backup managers are updated - it sounds like only a few fixes are needed to get most working well
01-17-2011 #7inginear Guest
i wonder if the amount of nand on the ps3 makes a difference with this cfw. if people get this one working can they post their ps3 model? i'm specifically looking for the 80gb motorstorm unit, ceche i believe.
01-17-2011 #8FMAranda Guest
The Wutangrza CFW is known to work on any PS3 model, there is no reporting of brick.
01-17-2011 #9tilla Guest
01-18-2011 #10PSGamer24 Guest
I think it's better to hold off a couple days until it is known to work 100% and there is an actual BM that works with this.