Well this one seems safer..
Well this one seems safer..
Okay, since I do not know nands, so much, but am what I consider fairly smart, I would like to know.
1. The way this firmware is set up right now, is it possible to write you're own backup manager that will in fact work with this firmware as is?
2. What exactly does this with the Geohot patch add? Install package files? App Game?
So all this firmware needs is a backup manager that uses syscall 6 & 7? is that correct? If this all it needs, just about anyone can modify the source of open manager for example to use this syscalls.
edit: if memory serves me right, the latest open manager uses 4 syscalls, 1, 2, 35, 36
Last edited by IndyColtsFan84; 01-17-2011 at 11:55 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Works great on launch model phat 60!!!
Got REALLY lucky this morning!
good to hear that it works on your launch model! anyone out there can confirm this working on model CECHG01?
So the difference is this doesn't brick consoles but it doesn't run backups? I'm one of the lucky ones and can run Wanikoko's CFW and it runs backups and homebrew just like a JB 3.41 but better as everything now works.
Why would they even bother releasing a CFW without backup support? That's what everyone wants.
It's like releasing a new car with no wheels. It's kinda missing the point of a CFW.
It doesn't run backups YET, we'll probably backup managers working with this CFW very soon.
It has the Poke/Peek functions and so it will be able to run Backups probably within the next day. Otherwise there's not much feature difference between the two, except this one hasn't bricked anyone that I have heard of.
Well it is not about what everyone wants it is about what can be done today... Wutangrza released this as a WIP and to show how what can be done. Now someone else will step up to the plate, change it, make it their own and add a feature.
There is a trickle down effect in hacking. Those that really know only share a little, then the next level of devs pickup those scraps, put it together, and then release it to the public. Usually there is about 2 or 3 levels of hackers above what the public see... but I'm real fresh to the PS3 things just seem to work the same as other circles I've been in. But I'm used to the top not the bottom
I really curious if we can't just patch Geohotz 3.55 firmware with bspatch to the OFW or even this CFW then we have only one flash to preform.
AT ps3haze I agree with what you are saying, but unfotunately I must correct you. I think you have it wrong - this is not $ony or their dev's or their website - here it IS about what everyone wants!
But first things first as you rightly stated!
PS: Welcome the the PS3 scene!
• PlayStation 4 & PS4 News
• PS4 Guides & Tutorials
• PS4 Hacks & JailBreak
• PS4 Videos
• PlayStation 3 & PSN News
• PS3 Guides & Tutorials
• PS3 CFW & MFW
• PS3 Hacks & JailBreak
• PS3 / PSN Game Releases NFO List
• PS3 Reviews
• PS3 Themes
• PS3 Trophies
• PS3 Videos
• PSP & PS Vita News
• PS Vita Trophies
• Site & Gaming Console News
PS3 Backup Game Managers
• GameSonic PS3 Manager Updates
• Hybrid Manager PS3 Updates
• IrisMAN PS3 Manager Updates
• Iris Manager PS3 Manager Updates
• MultiMAN PS3 Manager Updates
PS3 CFW (Custom Firmware)
• DARKNET PS3 CFW Updates
• Ferrox PS3 CFW Updates
• Habib PS3 CFW Updates
• Prometheus PS3 CFW Updates
• PS3ITA PS3 CFW Updates
• Rebug PS3 CFW Updates
• Rogero PS3 CFW Updates
• Sky PS3 CFW Updates
• Starz PS3 CFW Updates
PS3 Homebrew Apps
• Movian PS3 Media Center
• PS3 CCAPI (ControlConsoleAPI)
• PS3 NOR & NAND Patcher Updates
• PS3Xport / PeXploit Updates
• No PSN / NoPSN Patch Updates
• PSNPatch / PSN Patch Updates
• PSNStuff+ / PSNStuffX Updates
• PSN / SEN Enabler & Disabler Updates
• TrueAncestor PS3 Tools Updates
• WebMAN Mod Plugin Updates
• Yutolio's PSN Database Updates
PS3 MFW (Modified Firmware)
• PS3 CFW Creator / PS3MFW UI
• PS3MFW Builder / Our MFW Updates
• Ideas or Suggestions to Add?