Page 2 of 10 First 123 ... Last
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    57
    Unable to find such a folder on my console, are we supposed to create it?

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    409
    I've been messing with my xml's, removing and adding stuff I don't use, like PSN links, so this has come in very handy for me to customize my links without all the editing.

    Thanks

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    13
    I put the file into the correctly folder, but nothing shows up, even after restart of ps3, note i used openftpbox, that could not see the folders, then i changed to ps3ftp 1.2 and i could see the folders. But TV section still not shows up. This is EU console in EU country

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by daveshooter View Post
    I've been messing with my xml's, removing and adding stuff I don't use, like PSN links, so this has come in very handy for me to customize my links without all the editing.
    Can you post some more details about that? I would like to remove a lot of the links as well, similar to what is described in the MFW project.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    409
    forgive me if I'm wrong but I think you have to go online to reactivate the menu, I think just going to a web page on your PS3 will start it up again after a min or so, not psn tho. I think that's how I got my daughters working again.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    346
    Quote Originally Posted by severusx View Post
    Can you post some more details about that? I would like to remove a lot of the links as well, similar to what is described in the MFW project.
    If you want to remove icons see my thread I started about xml/rco modding months ago when scene was new and no CFW's were available. , i was thinking of adding some more info to it about things I learned while working on AciDCFW. like how to add the XMB filebrowser (see pics below) I discovered etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by daveshooter View Post
    forgive me if I'm wrong but I think you have to go online to reactivate the menu, I think just going to a web page on your PS3 will start it up again after a min or so, not psn tho. I think that's how I got my daughters working again.
    You could be right, I may have done that too as I do surf on my ps3s sometimes.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by severusx View Post
    Can you post some more details about that? I would like to remove a lot of the links as well, similar to what is described in the MFW project.
    Take a look in your > /dev_flash/vsh/resource/explore/xmb/


  8. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    346
    How about posting what you have learned about xmb modding , icons etc in that thread and we can try get one place together with all the info, It might get me going again to post some new infos too.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    409
    Sounds good bud, although I have just been messing and testing myself, so yes I will get my things together and I'll post my XML edits.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    346
    Quote Originally Posted by wazer1337 View Post
    I put the file into the correctly folder, but nothing shows up, even after restart of ps3, note i used openftpbox, that could not see the folders, then i changed to ps3ftp 1.2 and i could see the folders. But TV section still not shows up. This is EU console in EU country
    I don't think TV category shows in all EU countries, Are you sure that there is a TV streaming service for PS3 in your country?

    If you are not sure try make a new user from UK or Ireland as they definitely do have the service and category. Also check xreg file to make sure the value ends in "1" if it end in "0" it means its disabled.

Page 2 of 10 First 123 ... Last

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in