07-14-2012 #131cfwprophet Guest
Uff... -.- well you can use all the other homebrew from retail also on a dex.
1. Please take the update and extract it >>
2. Take the param.sfo and put it in any other base folder >>
3. Put all needed files in (just some files from a other game and DON'T put the .edat in) and edit the package.conf to match the update >>
4. Use a fake aka debug or fselfed eboot.bin >>
5. Install that pkg to get it registrated on your console >>
6. Now start ftp app and navigate to the update folder >>
7. Copy over the original update files >>
8. Start game and report here
07-14-2012 #132proskopina Guest
can somebody check my metldr??
07-14-2012 #133cfwprophet Guest
You need to upload too so that some one of use can give a look.
07-14-2012 #134proskopina Guest
07-14-2012 #135cfwprophet Guest
Your metldr looks good. But i can't dump your EIDMKey in case of i don't have linux on my ps3. sry mate
EDIT: Beside the fact that no one other can dump YOUR EIDMKey on a other console.
You need to use metldrpwn which is a exploit and give you a dump of your decrypted metldr including the EID Master Key.
07-15-2012 #136germainm Guest
I need to know how to install the dex firmware after flashing the nors : recovery, service mode or normally with a PS3UPDAT.PUP? my flash.bin is ready but i want to know the correct method to install the new firmware. thanks for help
07-15-2012 #137sguerrini97 Guest
You can install it by the recovery menu.
07-15-2012 #138rikukh3 Guest
This is the first thing I thought of... Doesn't work, unfortunately.
It seems retail/finalized .edat files registers somewhere in the system during installing.
07-15-2012 #139cfwprophet Guest
Normally the .edat get copyied over to /dev_hdd0/home/etc/00000001/exdata/. Try to manuell copy the .edat into that folder.
07-15-2012 #140rikukh3 Guest
DEX units doesn't have access to /dev_hdd0/home/ directory...
Is there any modified 3.55 DEX firmware with retail package installation patch?