cries for 256MB console users
cries for 256MB console users
Look at it here on ebay ps3 original test (debug) link: ebay.com/itm/RARE-Sony-Playstation-3-PS3-DECH-2500A-Test-Debugging-Development-System-Kit-/330762182505
Hi, I have some questions.
1. OpenSSL 1.0.1 installed in c:\openssl or d:\openssl (slproweb.com/download/Win32OpenSSL_Light-1_0_1c.exe)
2. EID root key (per_console_key) obtained with metldrpwn
3. CEX (NOR) flash dump
4. Extract c2d.rar in a local folder (c:\c2d or d:\c2d)
First question: Do 2. and 3. steps must be completed via PS3 Linux?
Second question: How to Flash Dex.bin file back to PS3 via PS3 LINUX?
I'm having a lot of problems getting Linux on my FAT 60GB PS3... I can get Red Ribbon RC5 to load on it but for some reason Red Ribbon cant seem to do the metldr exploit. I tried to manually install Ubuntu 10.04, everything seemed to go fine... the kernel compiled fine etc.. 2.6.39 but it just refuses to boot (I think FAT 60GB PS3's require 2.6.38 for some reason).
Note: Everything I state is based off of conversations. You can go up and down firmware freely; you could load 4.21 and play your new games and homebrew, go back to 3.55 for backups; Software Downgrading.
USB Backups on newest firmware; You use PS3gen.exe then set the DEX'd PS3's BDEmu to USB, and run the games off USB. It doesn't work right away, the person with their proof video said it is required to install any update package for the game first (And you cannot install retail packages on the newest firmwares apparently.. he says he has to downgrade to 3.55 to install them). So, apparently backups are possible for all games with an update (and can you name a game without an update?)
Debug options, etc. The user also claimed that PSN works even though other devs directly state it wont (So, who knows about that)
I'm hoping for more than just the 1 video proof.. If anyone here whose converted already would like to confirm any of this?
Some games haven't any update (like GTAIV: EFLC, Alpha Protocol..).. I think that we need a way to install the game data without run the game.. I'm going to try Uncharted 1 now, thank for the info.
Right then after 3 weeks trying to pawn metloader i finally achieved it. to custom firmware prophet yes it does work with red ribbon you just have to compile a different kernel. i might write a guide on how to do this if anyone one else has problems.. cool so gonna convert to dex
I was unable to install a retail game update also on 3.55 .. What's the difference between a retail game update and a debug game update?
There seems to be a tutorial for backups from LordV: pastebin.com/75cvTNjR
PS3 Backup Game Managers
• GameSonic PS3 Manager Updates
• Hybrid Manager PS3 Updates
• IrisMAN PS3 Manager Updates
• Iris Manager PS3 Manager Updates
• MultiMAN PS3 Manager Updates
PS3 CFW (Custom Firmware)
• DARKNET PS3 CFW Updates
• Ferrox PS3 CFW Updates
• Habib PS3 CFW Updates
• Prometheus PS3 CFW Updates
• PS3ITA PS3 CFW Updates
• Rebug PS3 CFW Updates
• Rogero PS3 CFW Updates
• Sky PS3 CFW Updates
• Starz PS3 CFW Updates
PS3 Homebrew Apps
• Movian PS3 Media Center
• PS3 CCAPI (ControlConsoleAPI)
• PS3 NOR & NAND Patcher Updates
• PS3Xport / PeXploit Updates
• No PSN / NoPSN Patch Updates
• PSNDL / PSNDL v2 Updates
• PSNPatch / PSN Patch Updates
• PSNStuff+ / PSNStuffX Updates
• PSN / SEN Enabler & Disabler Updates
• TrueAncestor PS3 Tools Updates
• WebMAN Mod Plugin Updates
• Yutolio's PSN Database Updates
PS3 MFW (Modified Firmware)
• PS3 CFW Creator / PS3MFW UI
• PS3MFW Builder / Our MFW Updates