04-20-2012 #121Siggy12 Guest
are you sure about this? THE JIG ?? with the JIG as yous aid we have seen NOTHING ABOUT... and now if my memory don't trick me the first "HELLO WORLD" was from GEOHOT (maybe not alone) but anyway he show to the world how to catch the problem and TO BE CORRECT he altered the hardware with a specified impulse to motherboard for exploit Hypervisor and metldr.
Don't forget "HELLO HYPERVISOR I'M GEOHOT" so alone or not alone the first one was him and of course congratulation to graf and other because they are great and helpful people probably without him\them no one had seen something about and about sure the fact that the PS3 is different from 360 is true but anyway without touch the hardware you will go nowhere, so different or not... this is
sorry for [OT]...
04-20-2012 #122miandad Guest
04-20-2012 #123cfwprophet Guest
miandad, no they don't work it's a full debug fw and thoes also don't work on a retail without converting to a dex machine.
No really ? So it wasn't the JIG who enabled Homebrew and game backups ? Geohot gived that to the scene ? Also it wasn't failoverflow who released some keys first and after that egohot also released something just to say "Hey look at me im so good" ?
And by the way his Hardware exploit don't work without linux and you can't clitch the RAM under GameOS. Also he has released nothing from this files he dumped. So what.
04-20-2012 #124ps3hen Guest
No the first usable Jailbreak was not Sony's factory service mode JIG. The first 'usable' jailbreak was a USB device, which in a nutshell, pretended to be a USB hub and glitched the PS3 FW and modified the ram, patching lv2 allowing for peek and poke.
Of course it is more complicated than that, go watch team failoverflow's CCC presentation if you want to learn more about the 3.41 OFW Jailbreak, they have a segment where they explain the crux it. The JIG, is used by Sony to service PS3's by giving special access, but it doesn't allow the user to run unsigned code or game backups.
04-20-2012 #125GotNoUsername Guest
If anyone wants a timeline: First USB devices (called Jailbreak), payloads (with all their features), than CCC, than geohot and so and so on, and pls guys stay at topic.
Special downgrade pup's only work on dex consoles and not on cex consoles sorry
04-20-2012 #126niwakun Guest
As far as I know, this what happens on PS3 scene last 2010:
- PSJailbreak was announced around August 17 2010. With solid proofs live action feed how it works and such.
- September 1 2010 PSJailbreak was released with OMFG price of $150.
- September 10, 2010 PSJailbreak reversed engineered, documented how it works, opensource code and hex codes for development usb jigs released.
- September 21 , 2010 Sony updates to 3.42, kills PSJailbreak
- October 2010 PSjailbreak downgrade announced/released.
- November 2010 opensource downgrade jig reversed engineered, released opensource, ported to development usb jigs
December 2010 Fail0verfl0w announced that they totally defeated the PS3's security schema, they call it epic fail.
- January 2011 GeoHot CFW released, NPDRM 3.55 defeated. Allows user to sign their own application on PS3 using the ECDSA bug. Private and Public Keys released.
- February 2011 Rebug CFW released. Allows users to login on Developers PSN network. Allows user to fake credits and buy stuff on PSN for free (no credit card fraud happens) [that was really good, it lasted for about 3 months before they patched it]
- April 2011 PSN got hacked, more than 10million user account got hacked. Nice!
- August 2011, PSN resumed, they took long enough.
04-20-2012 #127elser1 Guest
yeah well i guess most people have everything they want except all the new games.. its a real shame its not "xbox" or "ps2"cracked.. but i still love my ps3 and tbh i haven't turned my jb ps3 on for at least 6 months.
i love psn too much! i'd have to say i like ps3 news a lot more than the "scene"..
04-20-2012 #128cfwprophet Guest
ps3en i know plz calm down. The first Jailbreak stick was a modded clone of sonys official JIG there for it is called JIG not that i meant sonys official JIG. Oh Boy
They used the master key and the method aka backdore that sony use with the JIG to inject a factory service mode self for injecting a payload to allow homebrew and all that stuff.
04-20-2012 #129elser1 Guest
drink some chai tea man.. LOL
we got it and that's all that matters eh.
04-20-2012 #130ps3hen Guest
You were saying someone was wrong, when they were not. I was being calm and I was only stating facts. The JIG Sony uses, is an intentional backdoor for administration purposes.
The first Jailbreak, exploited a bug in how the PS3 handles connected USB devices, after a precedure bugging/glitching, the Jailbreak device gets read and write access to the ram.
But I'll let the this explain (ps3devwiki.com/wiki/PSJailbreak_Exploit_Payload_Reverse_Engineering). The JIG just tells the PS3 to enter Factory Service Mode, there is no ".self" on a JIG which launches Factory Service Mode.