PS Samurai PS JailBreak Clone Arrives with Custom Upgrader
Today we received word from Kevin that the PS Samurai PS JailBreak clone USB modchip has arrived, and similar to a few others it includes a custom upgrader PC and MAC application.
From the e-mail, to quote: PS SAMURAI has now been released.
- Unlike others, PS SAMURAI uses its own, custom programming software for PC and MAC.
- Unlike others, PS SAMURAI has a recovery function, very useful after a bad flash.
- Unlike others, PS SAMURAI uses 32KB on-board flash (majority uses 16KB)
- Unlike others, PS SAMURAI is delivered with no code inside which means it is 100% legal.
- Unlike others, PS SAMURAI device is rubbercoated and designed to enchance protection and grip.
- Unlike others, PS SAMURAI can be afforded by ordinary people
From the official site (linked above):
- USB Plug and Play solution that installs in seconds without any need to open up the PS3.
- Does not break your warranty seal.
- Compatible with all PS3 models*, both Fat and Slim.
- Supports all regions: USA, JAP, PAL and KOREA.
- Fully updatable via USB on your PC using an encrypted bootloader
- 32KB onboard flash (most competing products only have 16KB flash)
- Disables forced software updates and will never brick your console.
- Supports most games and homebrew applications.
- Easy-to-use software for backing up, managing, and playing games from external USB Hard Drive.
- Playing games from HDD is much more enjoyable, benefiting from greatly enhanced seek and loading times.
- Supports installing homebrew application on PS3 and external USB media.
- Optionally PS Sanurai can be supplied with an "open" firmware which does not support backup loading. Users would then have to download a firmware update for PS Samurai to get full functionality.
* Currently not compatible with 3.42 firmware
Is PS Samurai easy to install?
- Yes, it is a plug and play solution and does not require modifying or opening your console.
Does it permanently modify my console?
- No, once you unplug it from the usb port it is completely disabled.
How do we install PS Samurai?
- Please look at our support page for information on how to install and upgrade PS Samurai.
PS Samurai updateable?
- Yes, it can be upgraded via PC (or mac) by using the PS Samurai stand-alone software provided by our distributors and resellers.
What is the PS Samurai Software? What functions does it have?
- Our own developed PS Samurai Software is a stand-alone program that can be used on PC or Mac. With this software you can easily upgrade your product. You can install open-source code like PSGroove. And also it have a recovery function that enables you to erase the on-board flash.
More PlayStation 3 News...
And another one they will be giving them away soon lol
Was PSNinja already taken?
I really like the PS Samurai Upgrader software. It looks to be very user-friendly compared to Atmel Flip, which is basically overkill for devices like this. And I always seem to have problems with the drivers on Windows 7 64 bit and flashing my Blackcat. As long as this device is under $40 I'm going to buy one, just to make my life easier.
I'd say 90% of people with on 3.41 that want a dongle have already got one. These things are going to cost $5 once they realize the market for it has effectively disappeared with the exploit being blocked.
cool they done what I said lol, you cant ban a usb pen.
remember the clones come from a "beta dongle" and the official psjailbreak are now in stock (only the officials distributors have those with a NME chip inside)
Where'd you get all this information from? I'd love to know