New Winskeet 40000 and Bitstream Progskeet 1.2 Released
Below is a new Winskeet and Bitstream Progskeet 1.2 released from uf6667 (via forum.dayton360mods.com/showthread.php?1004-New-Winskeet-Bitstream-1-2) who states the following:
Winskeet40000 & Bitstream Progskeet 1.2 Downloads: WinSkeet_130708_1211.rar / Winskeet_130710_1058.rar (10/07/2013) / Winskeet_130713_1838.rar (13/07/2013) / Winskeet_130715_1749.rar (15/07/2013)
About: Ok so I've been working hard on this (like every hour of almost every single day since the last release) and frankly I can't remember every single modification I've made.
I'm still building the bitstreams for 1.0 (white), 1.1 (blue), 1.2 alpha (green, if you've been naughty enough to get one) SO BE PATIENT, MY PROMISE STILL STANDS. It's also coming to Linux and Mac, don't worry! The command line will have to wait a bit longer, I just can't be bothered with it right now (so much other shit I need to take care of first).
If there is any problem WHATSOEVER, please let me know.
I haven't added the bit yet where it tells you which lines might be out of order but I will as soon as I manage to get it working reliably. NAND, due to the promise of releasing within 24 hours, couldn't be fully tested, so I'd appreciate if, only if problems arise, you could detail the problems as much as possible.
Also, regarding my absence: all of this testing takes a lot of time, even more so than school, so I didn't have time to come on IRC or twitter. I'll be more active on twitter from now on: uf6667
BIG THANKS TOTITTY FROM CONSOLE OPEN FOR SENDING ME A PROGSKEET FULLY SOLDERED
- Added speed indicator
- HIGHLY improved single word flashing
- Added hardware data polling (this was a tough one, even I have to tap my shoulder for this; oh, and it uses this by default)
- Both NAND and NOR are in one bitstream now (!!!)
- No more pullups needed (!!! WICKED, INNIT THO !!!)
- Reverted to libusb-win32 because it gives me less shit, but depending on feedback, I'll add libusb0
- Did I mention it's fcking fast? it's going to become even faster, I just wanted to keep my promise, somewhat, of releasing within the next 24h
- Tooltips (can't remember if it was in the last release?)
130713: buffer write works, about 70 seconds for 16MB spansion (which used to require 15 minutes!) updated bitstream
130715: buffer write and single word improved, I write an entire 16MB nor, buffer write, in about 40 seconds (not including read and erase, duhhhhhhhhh), 3 seconds per sector for single word (spansion is very fast now too) AUTODETECT OF THE NOR!!!! just click "dump CFI"
Winskeet Bitstream Progskeet 1.2, ProgSKEET Programmer Version 1.0 Out
Today Winskeet Bitstream Progskeet 1.2 has been updated by uf6667 (via forum.dayton360mods.com/showthread.php?1004-New-Winskeet-Bitstream-1-2) alongside the release of ProgSKEET Programmer Version 1.0 with details below.
Download: Winskeet40000 & Bitstream Progskeet 1.2
- NAND works PERFECT now
- last bitstream before final release
- progskeet core was rewritten and command set reimplemented in qt (hence the lack of releases in almost a week)
- versioning added (it will check if you are using the appropriate bitstream, which is located in /bitstream)
- use of files to load presets (instead of using the box on the first page)... nand is still in the making, so I left the first box as-is for now
- CFI for NOR works however, presets include most popular NORs but you can also save them (click "Dump CFI" and then "yes" when you are asked to save. put them in /cfi/)
- handshakes implemented (goodbye timeouts! might, but doesn't have to, make it slower though... on the other hand, this might enable calibration for specific computers/chipsets )
- usb core had a bug where it would just keep writing to fifo regardless of full or not, but this has been fixed
- SPI flashing added! (will only be available once I release it for every platform though)
ProgSKEET Programmer Version 1.0 (via forum.dayton360mods.com/showthread.php?1017-PROGSKEET-PROGRAMMER-V1-0&p=3266#post3266):
- Available the new ProgSKEET Programmer V1.0
- It exchanges the old Infectus programmer. It is 2x more faster and support any ACTEL device A3P family.
- AutoGG is releasing soon the support of this programmer also.
- All new stocks of ProgSKEET FULL have inside this new programmer instead old Infectus.
ProgSKEET Programmer V1.0
- Connect the ProgSKEET programmer to your USB port (windows)
- Install the ProgSKEET-programmer-USBDrivers
- Open the Command Line of your windows (search CMD.EXE and execute it)
- Use the command "CD" to reach the "SOFTWARE DIRECTC" directory. Example "CD" c:/document and setting/pippo/desktop/progskeet-programmer/software directc"
- Place in the same directory of the "directc.exe" the file .DAT that you want to program
- Type the command "directc -aprogram filename.dat"
PS3 slim problem help?
Trying to dump cfi with winskeet i get message every time.
LibUSB Error: %i
[2013-09-18T23:49:24] CFI is invalid (does not begin with "QRY")
Is it the driver or the buitstream that's the problem.
is there a better flasher for nand chips?
Progskeet V1.21 Software and Progskeet V1.21 Signal-Booster
No, this is about the best as it gets. Thanks.
Update: Progskeet V1.21 Signal-Booster by esprit1711 (via psxtools.de/thread.php?postid=570022#post570022) roughly translated:
Hello. First of all, sorry for my bad English.
We all know how good the Progskeet V1.1 is and how hard it is to get one of this these days. But on the other hand, the Progskeet V1.21 no one wants, cause everyone know about the problems (never detect the correct NAND ID, freeze at read or write operation...).
The solution of the problem is not very difficult. hjudges has recognized the problem at his first NANDway Software (where you can select which NAND (NAND0 or NAND1) you want read/write). He changed the software and wiring, so the Teensy focus 5 Lines per signal line.
The StarShip2 (the NAND Controller on the PS3 Board, which manage the NAND ICs) set a High Signal on some signal lines. Without this modification, whenever the Teensy (or Progskeet V1.21) want set the signal low, the voltage level is not low enough (at the Progskeet I measure circa 1,5V). The level is therefore undefined.
Moreover the Flat-cable between Progskeet and Slave board is too long (who has the idea, a 40cm cable is ok???).
I develop a piece of Hardware which make the same for the Progskeet, what hjudges makes with the NANDway Signal-Booster. I replaces the Y-board between Progskeet and NAND-Clip and Boost the relevant Lines. I got positive feedback from every User which got a Signal-Booster from me.
A disadvantage compared to the ProgSkeet V1.1 is unfortunately the stability if the NAND is powered by the USB port. mostly this worked, but sometimes it freezed. to fix this problem, I added a 5V to 3,3V voltage regulator and a 5V power supply, which work perfect every time (you can leave off the regulator, if you use directly a 3,3V power supply).
I designed two PCBs. the first PCB is a little bit greater than the second, but its designed as a single-Layer board (with a few simple bridges)
The second PCB is less then the first and have additionally a voltage regulator scheduled, but is a 2-Layer Board.
(I placed the xgerber files and the project data in the zip file. you can send this pack directly to your PCB Service)
Single-Layer Board (without voltage regulator): 2014-04-14_-_Progskeet_Signal-Booster_Y-Board.zip
Dual-layer Board (with voltage regulator): 2014-08-10_-_Progskeet_Signal-Booster_Y-Board.zip
You need the following parts:
- 1x 15-Pin flat cable pitch 0.5mm (15cm or shorter)
- 1x 5V power supply (3A should be enough)
- 1x 5V to 3,3V voltage regulator (LMS1587CS-3.3)
- 1x 32-Pin FCC flat cable connector, pitch 0.5mm
- 1x 50-Pin FCC flat cable connector, pitch 0.5mm
- 1x 10µF tantalum SMD-0805
- 4x 100nF capacitor SMD-0603
- 4x 74HCT08 SOP14 or 74HC08 (the other 74... 08 variants are not CMOS compatible)
I hope I could help someone, with kind regards.
esprit1711 from psXtools Team
Thanks for all the good and wonderful follow-ups..
ProgSkeet Soft QSB for NOR v001 for PS3 help?
Have any of you guys heard of this coming out in May. I am thinking about getting this. As I like ProgSkeet better than E3.
Your guys thoughts?
P.S. I have seen it for $5. I think it might be a great investment..
I have just purchased Progskeet v1.21 with the Nand and Nor clip. Problem is I cant seem to find a decent tutorial anywhere, so can anyone give me one?
I can piece together how to do it from other tutorials, but it would be nice to have a full tutorial for this model of flasher.
Also from what I can find, theres new patches that allow you to go go straight to the latest firmware, without downgrading, is this true?
If so does that mean cfw can be installed on all ps3s, regardless of model or minimum software? or is it still only for downgradable models?
thanks for sharing