Just a few days after kakarotoks released a kernel module to dump out the PS3 Hypervisor and Bootloader someone named Ps3 Memory Dump from GeoHot's blog did just that, and has leaked it publically as pictured below.
The included ReadMe file acknowledges is0mick's recent Atmega8 port, however, it curiously attempts to flame other PS3 News Devs despite using their code to make the HV dump... go figure, eh? :p
Preliminary examination of the leaked dump is currently underway by both Devs and end-users alike, with a few noteworthy findings thus far as follows:
- repos @ 0x2c00 - 0x43ff
- partition table @ 0x6000
- SELFs @ 0x20000, 0x37000, 0x55000, 0x1624bc, 0x6c25b4, 0x6d5470
- FSELFs (?) @ 0xa19a0, 0x12dea0, 0x369720
- other SCE files @ 0x35e100, 0x6c5ed4
- LPAR data @ 0x12a0a0
- IDA entry point looks like 0x10190 is interesting address.
- Code starts at 0x00203000 according to my analysis.
I found some functions which aren't documented:
And below are some screen highlights from chipsy and yellowsnow. Thanks in advance to ALL who continue to publically share their findings with the PS3 scene!
More PlayStation 3 News...