Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

lchiu7 Guest

Playing a m2ts file with TrueHD audio via AVCHD?

A newbie so please apologise if this is the wrong forum for this.

I have been backing up some of my BD's and would love to retain the TrueHD audio track. Up till now I have been using a Popcorn Hour to play them but my version doesnt support HDMI 1.3 (the A110 does) so it cannot play a file with TrueHD audio.

Now the PS3 can of course and it occurred to me if I authored a m2ts with TrueHD audio and burnt the files in AVCHD format, the PS3 should be able to play it since it' s not using the XMB to do playback.

Well it doesn't appear to and not sure if it's a limitation or a defect in my process

The AVCHD folder containing the m2ts file with TrueHD audio shows up fine (the PS3 recognises as a AVCHD and plays using the BD player, not XMB) and if the Output Audio is set to Optical, playing the video gives me a DD audio track. If howeer the Output Audio is set to HDMI, pressing triangle during playback shows no audio at all.

Just wondering if I am doing something wrong or is there some limitation in how audio is played using AVCHD burnt to DVD?

Thanks

wreksta29 Guest
    i too would like to know this also mate, im sick of compatibility issues, wrong file types, unsupported file etc.

Tsusai Guest
    How are you making these? With tsMuxer I assume? If not, you should be. What you could try doing, is trimming the clip to like... 5 seconds long, and transfer that file (in m2ts) to your PS3, and see what happens.