Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Page 1 of 17 1211 ... Last

PeXploit Beta (WIP) by xXx The Darkprogramer xXx, PS3 PKG Files on OFW

Following up on the release of PS3Xport and both mete2221's and bigjokker's progress, today xXx The Darkprogramer xXx made available a PeXploit Beta WIP followed by v0.1, v0.2 and v0.3 with details below.

Download: PeXploit.zip / PeXploit.zip (Mirror) / PeXploit.zip (Mirror #2) / PeXploit.zip (Mirror #3) / PeXploit_v0.1.zip / Pexploitv_v0_2.7z / PeXploit_0.2.7z by RafaSimpsons / PeXploitV0.3.zip

To quote: Soooo its been a few days since PS3xport was released by KaKaRoTo so I decided to make a tool that will install PKG files on OFW, unfortunately it will not run homebrew apps but it can install DLC's and PSN games etc etc.

NOTE: This is still in testing but here you go, so long have a great New Year guys! Have Fun

PS: PKG files must be extracted first like and then selected
    PPS: Thanks Dnawrkshp for a bit of code to help this along

Here's a Mini TUT too:
    • So You Start Of With This:

• Then Select First Step
    • And Navigate to your ps3 backup AKA archive.dat

• Mine Was Located at G:\PS3\EXPORT\BACKUP\201412271721\
    • Then Select Backup Original Just For in case
    • Then Select Step Two
    • And Navigate To Your Extracted PKG File In This Case i used pluginx

• Make Sure That You Always Select The Folder Above USRDIR
    • For This Instance We Select
    • BOOT04XXX
    • Then Select Your Category And Press Patch And Go ! And Wait For It To Complete

PLEASE NOTE for this you will need .Net 4.5

Update: PeXploit V0.1 by xXx The Darkprogramer xXx

To quote: Well not much to be said but here's v0.1 of PeXploit.

Changes:
    • Changed The UI
    • Added Auto Rebuild Thanks To haxxxen
    • Added Availibility to add riff raps to XDPX00008/USRDIR/exdata/
    • But Faster Running Through Code
    • Better Cleanup OF Files Afterwords

Notes:
    • exdata will be coppied to /dev_hdd0/game/XDPX00008/USRDIR/exdata/whatever file
    • untill I find a way to patch it you will need your idps.bin file for some features as auto rebuild database ext ext
    • files will show up on XMB after rebuild Of database
    • tested DLC of CODBO2 With the fixes and they work, can't see why the rest wont work...

From s_j: I'm not quite sure what's holding you up, I extracted deleted and added a new version of a file, then re-extracted and all the checksums match so I'm pretty confident the file is 100%.

I took the version 0.2 exe and 2 dll's it came with, copied them to my cygwin user folder, and ran everything from the cygwin terminal. The only additional steps I took were creating empty directory structures to extract into, otherwise I would get an error "Couldn't open output file".

1) extracted target file from the backup
    2) copied my entire backup folder 201412271727 and named it 201412277777 to keep the original untouched
    3) deleted the target file
    4) ReadIndex showed it was deleted
    5) copied the ext1 directory structure and named it add1, then replaced the target file with the modified file
    6) added the file with AddProtected
    7) ReadIndex of archive2 verified the added file existed
    8) re-extracted target file into a fresh directory
    9) verified the re-extracted file was intact via hashing
    10) at this point I realized my target file was originally in 'archive' and not 'archive2', in steps 1-9 I had just deleted it from one archive and added it to the other, so ...
    11) I deleted it again and used Add to put it in 'archive', where I originally deleted it from
    12) then ReadIndex of archive
    13) then re-re-extracted the file to another fresh directory

And the extracted file again was intact, same checksums as before. I didn't realize until halfway through this that my backup was created wrong, and I had items that should be protected (archive2) in the unprotected parts (archive).

This incorrect backup was accepted by the ps3 though, so that's something to think about when it comes to the 4gb limit, we may be able to split files between the two and at least have up to 8gb available.

I may run through all this again with a backup created by my ps3 just to be sure.

To take xRegistry.sys file from the backup:

[Register or Login to view code]

From bigjokker: So far everything I tested the only content that worked was FREE stuff (i.e Demos, Free Themes, Free DLC). So if the DLC has a .rap or .rif or was paid for and cracked then to my knowledge it will not work on OFW.

To check if DLC needs to be cracked just extract install pkg and try to decrypt Eboot or Self files. If they don't Decrypt then they are not Free content and won't work. At least until someone can figure a way to create a .rif or .rap that is signed to our PSN account. We have the act.dat and IDPS. In theory we should be able to create our own personalized rif or rap.

If using SCETool to decrypt be sure in the DATA/keys file you have the NP_klic_free key like this:

From SkillerCMP: Let me save some people some time..

1. If you mod the eboot/SPRX/Self file to a game it will not boot on the Ps3 OFW..
    2. Custom Made (Fake Rifs Can not be used to activate a PSN game). You need Legit made Rifs Sony. Along with Act.dat..
    3. The only thing you have correct right now is that yes u can run Edats .. so yes you can resign edats (if there is a self/Eboot/Sprx to mess with your SOL)
    4. If your able to add in say Exdata section there is Actually only 1 type of game you can activate. I'm not going to state the type.

We can not make our own Act.dat, or Rifs for games and install them in to the Ps3.. and if you mod the eboot or any system file outside of the Edats.. the Ps3 OFW will not load the file.. so you're limited to items you don't need to touch the eboot/selfs/Sprx files for.

I have a felling this could make for some interesting gray area when it comes to the PS3 in the next few weeks

This is only a theory, since iv not looked at it, im just going of my knowledge of the format. Example Demos, and any item that does not need you to mod a Self/Eboot/Sprx.

Is a potential for this new format.. one thing to remember, any full game you have to buy will come with an encrypted Eboot (needing activation from Sony) so that should narrow down a lot of stuff for you.

Finally, from RedDot-3ND7355: Guys. Mind that you need to change the ownership of the DLC. Unpacking and resigning it. Then Repack then install. Tho it's not easy without CFW to run it.

Guys, This works as the same as proxy glitch. You might be able to install some pkg's but not run them or something similar.

Anyways people don't bring your hopes too high on this one. Piece of advice

Update #2: PeXploit V0.2 by xXx The Darkprogramer xXx

PeXploit V0.2

Okay For all you lovers of C00 games to free I added detection and patch for that to make games full enjoy.
    • Fixed Annoying Bug With PSN Game Selection
    • Fixed A few other small errors
    • Still Working On A Responsive Background Worker Sometimes it works other times it doesn't
    • Advanced Box Isn't In This Feature
    • Fixed Install Location For exdata files /dev_hdd0/home/{usernumber}/exdata/
    • Added PSN C00 Game Detection And Auto Patch
    • Added Cleanup Check

Tutorial Basic:

Welcome to PeXploit V0.2 Tutorial

Okay I'm gonna make this as simple as possible as I'm running low on data. So how you start is using your PS3:
    • Go to {Settings}-.>{System Information}->{Backup Utility}
    • To create a backup that you can use for this program

Side Note: Deleting The Files In Game Data Utility Makes This Move Along Faster

So after you have acured your backup on a storage device you will need to get your idps.bin. The problem with this is getting the proxy starting.

Basic Tutorial using idpstealer.exe (this should suffice):

Found that it works better on port 8080.

Advanced Tutorial: (if you don't get it working with idpstealer.exe)

Okay so I had an error and the only way I could fix this is buy running the app created by CF35
    To create the proxy server and then start it then close it and run flatz's idpstealer directly afterwords.

Okay so here's Pexploits Tutorial.. Same as v0.1 the gui stayed so we start with this:

Select Step One:

Navigate To your backup:

Select Step Two:

Navigate to your extracted pkg. For this Tut I will be using plants vs zombies downloaded from PSNDL v0.3. Select your Category aka PSN game:

No Riff rap needed fir this tut. Select your user number and select idps.bin. Then Select Patch and go and wait, it will notify you if c00 is detected:

Then just wait it will notify you when its complete, if it says not responding or hangs on installing pkg files leave it its busy !

Update will feature a few important changes to ps3xport adding file splitting and adding a few new features and correct extract file feature the original is buggy.

From xXx The Darkprogramer xXx: Here's a little Tut Gonna Release 0.3 soon: https://vid.me/e/bQTd

Update #3: PeXploit V0.3 by xXx The Darkprogramer xXx

PeXploit V0.3

So here's a Little Update for PeXploit now supports... 792GB of files that's over 99 archives each i really don't know why u would need more like really...

So a huge thanks goes to Kakaroto and my friend DetrikSys for his work on porting ps3xport to work perfectly on Windows.

The App is nearing its completed and final stages

Changelog V0.3
    • Added a heap of new changes to the code to add support for archive.dat to archive_99.dat
    • Fixed a few glitches
    • File Splitting
    • Fixed The Progress bar
    • Not Responding Error Fixed
    • Added option to add your own edat's (note just keep pressing that button all the edats are added to a list this means you can add as many as you like)
    • Added functionality to rap riffs placeholder to be added to XDPX0008 ( ===>Game Utility => XDPX RIPP RAFF HOLDERS)
    • Added A new function to try and avoid the busy error some users where getting
    • Oh and i locked down my source code

Next Release and So On:
    • adding the advanced box
    • add a new version of idpstealer gui v0.2
    • add edat downloader
    • fixing errors users report
    • dunno whatever i can think of to add

Other Things I'm Working On:
    • classic downloader (ps2classic/pspmini downloader)
    • pkg share (add game fixes ext ext - might convert both above into one later)
    • trying to get showtime to work dunno if i will but gonna try
    • finishing my actual website lol

Video Tutorial: https://vid.me/meQy

Well now you can enjoy.. Go crazy guys

PS: Also please don't inbox me if its something you could have asked in the forums.

PeXploit Compatibility List

More PlayStation 3 News...

XxUnkn0wnxX Guest
    well this is just another method to allow cracked DLC for games.. on OFW... but it would be much easier if they could actually install the PKG on OFW... then using this method.. not very helpful if you have many Gigs of files to backup and restore...

PSNobody Guest
    the link is down

DetrikSyS Guest
    Try this one: http://www.mediafire.com/download/f2...a/PeXploit.zip

meh, this no longer works, posted since i thought it was a different link, may i post it in here as an attachment?

mete2221 Guest

Mirrors added to the main article now as well.

B7U3 C50SS Guest

Sostanco Guest
    Nice, i have a ps3 fat (40gb so not a big backup ) model that need downgrade, i'm curious about using this stuff

soldaat Guest
    Actually, you can use modmenu with this program on your OFW. Is there any video about this..? Because i just dont understand the steps...

And Navigate to your ps3 backup AKA archive.dat

HOW to do this help plsss, sorry

DvdXploitr Guest
    I know this says you cannot run home-brew with this... but if you download a PSN game (say, God of War as an example), it would run right?

so to some degree, it should run some games like CFW users have been doing right?

Page 1 of 17 1211 ... Last