Open Remote Play v1.0 BETA (for Mac OS X) Released!
A few weeks back we reported news on PS3 Remote Play being reverse-engineered with a Portable API in the works.
Today Dashhacker has released Open Remote Play v1.0 BETA (for Mac OS X), with a Windows version still in the works.
Download: Open Remote Play v1.0 BETA (for Mac OS X)
You will need access to a hacked PSP to export the remote play settings. All that's included in the download package.
1. If you have not done so already, register your PSP with your PS3 for Remote Play.
2. Copy the ORP_Export folder (it's included) to your PSP under /PSP/GAME
3. Run Open Remote Play Export on your PSP. This will create a file on the memory stick called export.orp. Copy this file to your PC.
4. Run the ORP GUI and click on Import, locate and import export.orp. You will have to manually change the IP address of your PS3, by default it will be set to 0.0.0.0. I keep two profiles, one for local LAN and another for when I'm connecting from the Internet. You can create multiple profiles by simply changing the Name field and clicking Save.
5. Click Import again, this time locate and import "keys.orp." You only have to do this once for a new installation, or if there is a key update.
6. Select a profile, cross your fingers, and click Launch!
Finally, the API and Windows player will be available within a week.
More PlayStation 3 News...
No windows release? WTF?! last time I checked 80% of all computers have windows on it.
Well, according to Dashhacker the API and Windows player will be available within a week. Maybe it will end up coming sooner, we can only hope eh?
Someone I know mentioned the other day he'd like to do some XBox 360 code for it when time permits, mainly just for the fun of having a "PS3 Emulator" on the XBox 360.
This is hot ... Thanks Man, .. This is just a beta too .. all i need is iphone (Thats what i read its probably coming out with an iphone release not sure though) support and full screen for my imac
1 more thing ... If this does come to the Iphone and ipod touch .. ill be hot if it didnt have a D-Pad ... on the screen.... daaah
good stuff... got a prob tho
this is gettin on its way but im having problems. the controls from my mac are being parsed to the playstation but there are isnt an output onto my mac. i cant see the playstation xmb and cant hear it on my mac. if i set the playstation to output via its own speakers i can hear when i press a key. is there a toggle or something to get it to show on my mac. i got a macbook pro runnin leopard. also the playstation drops the connection after about 20 seconds
05-09-2009 #8Banned User
- Join Date
- Oct 2008
I really thought this is another lame attempt for fame... Well it wasn't...
Dashhacker you exceeded my expectations! Nice to see some real work done!
Good work dashhacker looking forward to seeing the windows version
Nice job, dashhacker.
Iīll admit I was a little bit sceptical. I always take internet news with a grain of salt until thereīs some proof.
Well here it is.
This isnīt something I will normally use but Iīm always glad to see something happening in the scene. I just might try the windows version when itīs released. Once again, nice work.