Sponsored Links

PS4 News on Facebook! PS4 News on Twitter! PS4 News on YouTube! PS4 News RSS Feed!
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Registered User wicked insanity's Avatar
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yeah tested and works, still limited functionality but it's a big start.
    I would love to see this expanded to formats like iPhone or 360??

Arrow

Sponsored Links
    To anyone having no luck connecting from Internet: You need to set-up your network gateway/firewall to port forward TCP and UDP 9293 to the internal IP address of your PlayStation 3. See the following link for details on how to establish an external connection: http://www.ps4news.com/forums/ps3-ha...tml#post262579

Here are the tentative features planned for the next update:

Open Remote Play v1.3
    • Fixed the annoying MacOSX input lag.
    • Added "virtual keyboard" mode. Thanks to MohammadAG for the idea!
    • Added Wake-on-LAN (WoL) support. You can now turn on your PS3 remotely.
    • Added keys to toggle through three bit-rates: 384k, 768k, and 1024k
    • Added "Disable UDP Search" check-box and configuration option for external connections where the TTL can not be changed at the gateway/firewall. This will also disable game launching.
    • Added preliminary a/v sync. Video is now synchronized with the audio clock.

It doesn't appear that it will be released this week though and when he does it appears Windows users are considered low-priority sadly, to quote:
    The next release, v1.3, which won’t come for a while... will introduce stream buffering and audio/video sync. That will fix the two major problems you listed. This is the single-most important issue to resolve and coincidentally the most complicated component to implement.

Since this is open software, I have very little motivation to spend a lot of time working on the Windows version.

Is possible to use this offline ? using wifi ?

Lightbulb

Not sure if it will help, but for those giving this a try here is a new Windows video guide on Open Remote Play.

any chance of open remote play supporting playing all ps3 games?

Awesome news.. great program, but i dont have PSP

i hope working with my friend

Arrow

For anyone having issues with ORP after updating to PS3 Firmware 2.8 here is a temporary fix until Dashhacker updates the app again, to quote:

Sony has changed Remote Play as of 2.80 to require the client's MAC address to match that of the registered PSP's MAC address. We're still working on a proper solution for this, but in the mean-time you can spoof your PSP's MAC address to get local connections working again.

In Linux, this would look something like (change aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff to your PSP's MAC address):

[Register or Login to view code]

For OSX, this works similar:

[Register or Login to view code]

The above doesn't work with the AirPort (interface en1); so you gotta be wired.

what does this do

what exactly does this do sorry for being noob =.=, and does this work on any model for the ps3? i dont really read things on ps3, i read more on ds, psp, wii and ps2.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by tellitube View Post
    what exactly does this do sorry for being noob
    Yea, it really is best to read before posting here... but to answer: Open Remote Play is a cross-platform API and player which enables PlayStation 3 owners remote access from their laptop or phones.

Can't seem to get this to work. I updated to the new firmware... is that maybe the problem?

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS4 Downloads - PS4 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 4 News