NZHawk's Awesome MountPoint Manager v1.0 is Released
Today NZHawk had released Awesome MountPoint Manager v1.0 (followed by a few revisions below) which, according to him, is pretty much like the existing backup manager, with one major difference- You can choose any folder on any device on you PS3 to use as the mounted disk.
Download: NZHawk's Awesome MountPoint Manager v1.0 / NZHawk's Awesome MountPoint Manager v1.0.1 / NZHawk's Awesome MountPoint Manager v1.0.2 / NZHawk's Awesome MountPoint Manager v1.1
This Awsome MountPoint Manager is pretty much like the existing backup manager, with one major difference! You can choose any folder on any device on you PS3 to use as the mounted disk.
I wanted to mess around with the SDK that was 'avaliable' and it was a good learning curve! (Pretty much the first time ive coded in C++) and it was a challenge! (24 hours with no sleep)
How to Use?
1. Download and install my app
2. Browse to the location that you store your PS3 backups (does not have to be LAUN12345/GAMEZ anymore!)
3. Make sure you have highlighted the folder that CONTAINS the game to be mounted (Not inside the game folder!)
4. Press the right button on the D-Pad
5. Double check that you have selected the folder that CONTAINS the game!! Then press the right D-Pad button again.
6. The app will now exit to the XMB, and you *should* see the game where the Blu Ray Game usually is
Oh:Will this brick my PS3 like that fake psp emulator?
I'm not that mean :P, So no.
- Completely Re-designed
- Cool Text Transitions
- Remap any DIR to any DIR
- Makes use of Kakaroto's syscall35
- More which I cant remember..
Have a look at the video for the new XMB inspired gui, some may like it, others may not.
Note: You must have a payload capable of syscall35 (IE: KaKaRoTo's PL3 + the new groove)
- Adding editable points montages (dev_flash2, dev_flash3).
- Using the syscall 35 syscall instead of 36 (you must use the last payloads)
- As well as add support for "any folder to redirect support" any folder .. Bare with me peeps. 1.1 only has support for dev_bdvd and dev_flash (Not included).
More PlayStation 3 News...
Looks mighty good and hopefully will work on all ps3..nice info.
looks like it could be useful, will give it a try later.
Nice contribution NZHawk! Keep it up!
i tested it and it works fine
just choose the game's folder and then it exits and the game is in now the "drive"
this version doesn't support no disc (yet)
Here's a question, why cant we point the mount at a extracted PS2 game and get it to run it?
It's not stated in the post, but does this require hermes or just 1.1?
Does this run or backup the games any different or can you still not update the games?
OMG... please! Can you make the text bigger atleast 10x bigger. It's unreadable on regular TV.. you know the old kind...
For those who want to know what is the purpose, i was thinking you can make a fold name relate to your game instead of region code folder like BLES OR BLUS something. you can make a folder name of yor game and put that game contain in that folder, and mount, so more organize i guess ? correct me if i was wrong.