New Maximus AVRUSB Version 1.2 Coming on October 11, 2010

A new Version of Maximus AVRUSB version 1.2 has been announced on the official site (linked above) and is coming soon.

The Maximus AVRUSB 1.2 comes with a case and USB plug, and will begin shipping on October 11, 2010.

Also, due to main IC shortage they are switching the design from a 16KB to 32KB processor.

The shortage of IC's stands and they state they are forced to produce very short batch of this 1.2 units with case.

To quote: "We apologize for the inconvenences to all those who have been asking to be reseller of this product. We keep working on the shortage issues and hope offer a unlimited stock in few weeks."

More PlayStation 3 News...

Great design, it looks good! One more clone to go!

Is this stick suited for jailbreaking with future payloads? I haven't seen many maximus hex files around and read that they have a reduced flash memory of 16kb coz they werent in stock anymore.

I wonder if I can just buy the case for my maximus?

Quote Originally Posted by tjay17 View Post
    I wonder if I can just buy the case for my maximus?
    I was thinking the same thing. They wouldn't do that though. (Although I'm hoping they will )

Quote Originally Posted by sean222 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. They wouldn't do that though. (Although I'm hoping they will )
    Yeah, I'm just not comfortable with it out in the open.

Quote Originally Posted by tjay17 View Post
    Yeah, I'm just not comfortable with it out in the open.
    Yeap, and it's really loose too. I plugged in my controller to charge and tapped the USB stick ever so slightly and the LED turns red

I've been trying to disassemble a couple old USB sticks to use the case...no luck though.

that looks nice. even easy to grip. i have the ps3 key which works just great, but its a bit of a pain sometimes to take it out the ps3 or to update it by taking out the usb slot on my pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    Is this stick suited for jailbreaking with future payloads? I haven't seen many maximus hex files around and read that they have a reduced flash memory of 16kb coz they werent in stock anymore.
    you just use the AT90USB162 teensy code.

Quote Originally Posted by grudge1981 View Post
    you just use the AT90USB162 teensy code.
    Actually - I'm pretty sure you'd need ATMEGA32U2 code for this one