Another day and another PS JailBreak clone surfaces, this time it's the Neo JailBreak PS3 modchip clone.
From the official site (linked above): Neo Jailbreak is a USB plug and play solution that installs in seconds, keeping your valid warranty seal in tact. Easy to use installer and GUI takes you step by step.
Compatible with all production models FAT and SLIM. Supports all regions: USA, JAP, PAL and KOREA. Neo Jailbreak disables forced software updates and will never brick your console.
Supports all games (it does not allow backups of bluray movies, dvd movies, or past consoles games)
Backup games to your internal hard drive or external hard drive through USB, and boot directly off GUI. Eliminating the need for expensive blueray burners and costly blank media.
Play backups off your hard drives 2x as fast as off the blueray drive. This eliminates lags and glitches to provide you with smoother game play.
Open up your console to a new generation of homebrew applications. Load homebrew apps/games off any USB hard drive/flash drive.
Fully updatable with new features/updates by connecting Neo Jailbreak to any computers USB port.
Neo JailBreak Specifications:
1. Upgradeable hardware firmware thoroughly!
2. The key "Upgrade" for software upgrading and avoids to be blocked by SONY. Users can also upgrade the updated software through computer.
3. Reading speed will be 2 times faster and it makes users to play more smoothly.
4. Games can be copied and saved to internal or external hard disk, in this way, the expensive blue-ray driver and disc can be abandoned.
5. Plug & play USB port, the installation will be finished in a few seconds.
6. Homebrew software is supported.
7. Simple and clear illustrations will guide you to install step by step.
8. Neo Jailbreak is compatible with all fat and slim model.
Neo JailBreak F.A.Q.:
Q1: Is Neo Jailbreak easy to install?
A1: Yes, it is a groundbreaking plug & play solution. It can be fully installed in seconds, without modifying or opening your console.
Q2: Does it permanently modify my console?
A2: Certainly not, once the Neo Jailbreak is removed, it is completely disabled.
Q3: How to install the Neo Jailbreak?
A3: Please consult the downloads page for the instruction manual.
Q4: What is the warranty?
A4: Neo Jailbreak is sold with a 1 year warranty. All our resellers will take care of warranty issues.
Q5: Why it is said an unknow USB device was found in the menu when I connect the Neo Jailbreak with PS3. In addition, the dongle's green light isn't lighting. ?
A5: Refering to this message, it means the dongle doesn't work normally. You need to check the following operations:
1. All external USB devices should be removed(including the USB cable to the controller) from the PS3 machine before the PS3 is started up.
2. Ensure the disc drive of the PS3 is empty
3. Ensure the PS3 system firmware is V3.41
4. On the precondition as the above mentioned. Do as following:
(1) It is important to make sure the power was cut off.
(2) Insert the Neo Jailbreak dongle to the PS3 device.
(3) connect the power jack with PS3 device to enter its ready mode.
(4) Power on the console and press the Eject button very quick. The green light of the dongle will be flashing shortly after a sound beep from the console
(5) Once the sytem menu is appeared on the screen, the green light will switch on, which indicating the dongle works well. If not, you need to repeat this process.
Q6: Why the "manager.pkg " file wasn't appeared when I executed Install Package Files in the menu ?
A6: Refering to this problem, please solve it as the following steps:
1. Ensure the dongle green light is switched on. If not, please refer to Q5.
2. To ensure a copy of Backup Manager (manager.pkg) file in FAT32 format is copied on it. And it's stored in the root volumn of the external USB storage. Otherwise, It will be failure.
3. With the above 2 conditions are fulfilled, intert the external USB storage, choose "Install Package Files", the "manager pkg" will come up, then choose and execute it.
Q7: When I came back to the Games menu, to choose "Backup Manager", the joystick of the controller refused to work, and cannot choose the files in the menu ?
A7: After you choosing "Backup Manager" ,you may choose the games, delete some files or backup files,etc by using the cross-shaped control keys on the left of the joystick.
Q8: After I finished the backup of the file, I chose the game in "Backup Manager"menu, and execute "load", an error message appeared, "please insert the original BD game disc". Why ?
A8: To load up the game, a leading disc is needed for loading the PS3 games by inserting any original BD game disc into the drive of the PS3.
Q9: When I loaded the created backup game, it was back to Games menu, the game what I wanted hasn't been loaded. What's the reason ?
A9:It is normal, When you came back to Games menu, you may find the just created backup games was above the icon of "Backup Manager", Choose and execute it.
More PlayStation 3 News...