deanrr do you know of any way to dump a PS2 game to the int. HDD or does it have to be ftped over? I have tried this before (with USB Loader), but never could get MultiMAN to even see an original PS2 game.
Does this require syscall35? Jaicrab FW loader doesn't work with PL3 for me, only Hermes., I think because Jaicrab FW loader uses syscall 36, but PL3 doesn't?
I mounted a backup of Thunderforce VI and launched it from XMB, but it just launched the MGS2 disc I had in the drive. Not sure if it's due to the payload but it's what I would expect to happen anyway.
The big problem with mounting PS2 games is that when the PS3 boots into the PS2 hardware it kills the exploit, so I don't see how we can run PS2 backups from HDD. PS1 games run on PS3 hardware though, which doesn't kill the exploit, so it should be possible to run PS1 games off of HDD.
I have a PS1 backup which shows up as a PS2 game in multiMAN, but can't test with an original PS1 disc as my PS3 suddenly refuses to read PS1 discs. I also have this problem with PS3 discs, but it's still reading PS2 discs just fine.
Singstar PS3 has an option to swap disc with the PS2 versions and import songs, this works with slims too as it just reads the data from it. I'm not sure what the rules are on posting links so I'll just quote this development: fabzilla - Got PS2 Singstar songs working on USB
Original Singstar PS3 Game,
Original PS2 Game (any should work),
Psgroove compatible Stick, newest psgroove of Evilsperm
Now I did the following:
- Downloaded Gaia Manager Source
- Edited main.c and replaced "/dev_bdvd" with "/dev_ps2disc" in lines no. 620,953 and 1285
- Compiled Gaia Manager
- Copied a PS2 Singstar backup to my external Harddrive in /GAMEZ/%name-of-game%
- Started Gaia Manager and selected this Backup
- Put PS3 Original Game in drive
- Started the PS3 Original Game
- Switched Disk in Game with PS2 Original (Select)
- Instead of the PS2 Original in the Drive the backup gets loaded