Hope he makes one for debug firmware.
Hope he makes one for debug firmware.
Hopefully someone is willing to dump their flash via FTP and then update their PS3 and then try to see if they can launch other OS via the USB firmware loader. I highly doubt it would work being that the PS3 has to fully reset before it loads otherOS. But you never know what may be possible. In the end it will help us get otherOS back.
Too bad I updated my PS3 to 3.41 just a few days ago. Kinda pissed that I didn't wait because I got drunk and jumped the gun so I could fool around with some tools.
Urggghhh. Looks like I'll have to buy another PS3 if we can't downgrade or get other OS back. Ticks me off.
Last edited by DeadlyFoez; 09-29-2010 at 09:44 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost
I'm pretty confident that those of us on 3.41 will get other OS back, even if not as it was originally installed. marcan42 and other devs are working hard on this problem, and have made some real progress. Let's try to be patient for a few more months before we give $ony more of our money.
Not really a good idea - in a few months time it will be very hard (and most probably also more expensive) to get hold of PS3 with firmware bellow 3.42
NOW is the right time to get either new one while stock in stores is still with old FW or used / partially broken ones while they're cheap.
this is good news indeed
Isn't it more important to try getting the hack working on later firmwares? Sure otherOS is important and it would be good to get it working on the latest firmware to have it but why go hard on 3 earlier firmwares?
This is more important indeed but not as easy (if even possible) to do as Sony obviously PATCHED this exploit from 3.42 onwards so I doubt it would be possible to use it in the same way just by "relocating" the payload's absolute addressing.
So - on other side - JB-ing the multiply FW versions downwards from 3.41 will not only help to get more devs on board as some of them are holding from upgrading above 3.15 for obvious reason but by giving us multiply dumps from various FW version it will give us a good idea how the FW devevelops and vary from version to version.
As everyone else has already said. This is great news. I am glad I joined this forum yesterday. Saved me from upgrading to 3.41!
To: Grandpa Homer
It is really that simple to just check and compare files and see what they are. then to compare it to info that $ony has given us that details waht the changelog is and the new features and then slowly implent them into anew "CFW" and load them via the usb loader. i myself have been looking into this and have made a lot of progress. just taking my time.
It is easier to go from older versions and up and see how this have progressed instead of taking a shot in the dark and going through everything on newer versions.
The concerns i have are:
1. Original JB was supposed to be updateable.
2. What is exactly different in this payload that makes it work on 3.15 and 3.42?
3. Do they have this up and running?
4. When will it be out and will the scene get to it faster before a paid version?
5. Is this just another ploy for get money and run?
6. IS there a new loader/CFW to make this happen?
7. Is this still Team JB working on it?
PS - i should have a payload working and released by next week. wink
I understand the importance of working on 3.15, so you can JB and have OtherOS at the same time, but why wasting time with 3.01 and 3.10?
• PlayStation 4 & PS4 News
• PS4 Guides & Tutorials
• PS4 Hacks & JailBreak
• PS4 Videos
• PlayStation 3 & PSN News
• PS3 Guides & Tutorials
• PS3 CFW & MFW
• PS3 Hacks & JailBreak
• PS3 / PSN Game Releases NFO List
• PS3 Reviews
• PS3 Themes
• PS3 Trophies
• PS3 Videos
• PSP & PS Vita News
• PS Vita Trophies
• Site & Gaming Console News
PS3 Backup Game Managers
• GameSonic PS3 Manager Updates
• Hybrid Manager PS3 Updates
• IrisMAN PS3 Manager Updates
• Iris Manager PS3 Manager Updates
• MultiMAN PS3 Manager Updates
PS3 CFW (Custom Firmware)
• DARKNET PS3 CFW Updates
• Ferrox PS3 CFW Updates
• Habib PS3 CFW Updates
• Prometheus PS3 CFW Updates
• PS3ITA PS3 CFW Updates
• Rebug PS3 CFW Updates
• Rogero PS3 CFW Updates
• Sky PS3 CFW Updates
• Starz PS3 CFW Updates
PS3 Homebrew Apps
• Movian PS3 Media Center
• PS3 CCAPI (ControlConsoleAPI)
• PS3 NOR & NAND Patcher Updates
• PS3Xport / PeXploit Updates
• No PSN / NoPSN Patch Updates
• PSNDL / PSNDL v2 Updates
• PSNPatch / PSN Patch Updates
• PSNStuff+ / PSNStuffX Updates
• PSN / SEN Enabler & Disabler Updates
• TrueAncestor PS3 Tools Updates
• WebMAN Mod Plugin Updates
• Yutolio's PSN Database Updates
PS3 MFW (Modified Firmware)
• PS3 CFW Creator / PS3MFW UI
• PS3MFW Builder / Our MFW Updates
• Ideas or Suggestions to Add?