Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.


But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Page 2 of 4 First 123 ... Last
  1. #11
    dondolo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jes03 View Post
    Dunno? But as I have a slim I think its useless to me....
    which firmware have you got? the exploit is working on the slims too, but, you must have 3.15 or lower.

  2. #12
    Jes03 Guest

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by dondolo View Post
    which firmware have you got? the exploit is working on the slims too, but, you must have 3.15 or lower.
    How can it work on the slims when they don't have the option for OtherOS?

  3. #13
    TUHTA Guest
    Correct.. PS3 Slim doesn't has OTHEROS for now, but MAYBE in the future!

    But the awesome thing in KeyFind PuP is that we can actually turn on OtherOS on Slim and FAT ps3 on 3.30. For example we got new firmware like 3.40, so if we get key from 3.40 we can make CFW and for example turn on OTHEROS on Slim and FAT ps3 that updated to 3.21/3.30 where otherOS is disabled!

  4. #14
    Jes03 Guest

    Thumbs Up

    Quote Originally Posted by TUHTA View Post
    Correct.. PS3 Slim doesn't has OTHEROS for now, but MAYBE in the future!

    But the awesome thing in KeyFind PuP is that we can actually turn on OtherOS on Slim and FAT ps3 on 3.30. For example we got new firmware like 3.40, so if we get key from 3.40 we can make CFW and for example turn on OTHEROS on Slim and FAT ps3 that updated to 3.21/3.30 where otherOS is disabled!
    That's one thing that will make me happy. My 60GB YLOD 4 times this year so $ony exchanged it for a slim and now I miss the 60GB. If the slim gets OtherOS it will lessen the pain of losing the 60gb a little. The next would be PS2 BC. That would make me like the slim.

    Is there a good chance a CFW with OtherOS will be available for the slims soon? Don't forget you can reinstall the current firmware in the recovery menu, so if a 330CFW is made we can all install it.

  5. #15
    chomps268 Guest
    Haha, this is getting exciting. I've got a slim, so all I can really do is sit back and watch right now but hopefully we'll be able to get cfw soon!

  6. #16
    Daderushmore Guest
    Aaah man - this is all great guys, but i'm really missing online play atm... I cant wait anymore Do you guys think my 10Gb linux partition will be lost completely, or will i be able to get it back if a cfw is ever developed?

  7. #17
    GrandpaHomer Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jes03 View Post
    Is there a good chance a CFW with OtherOS will be available for the slims soon? Don't forget you can reinstall the current firmware in the recovery menu, so if a 330CFW is made we can all install it.
    This is just an assumption at the moment. Depending on the process needed to actually INSTALL the CFW (let's say the exploit trigger or using some other trick with bug in the game etc.) it might me NOT as simple as "reinstall the same" fw sadly ...

  8. #18
    livpool Guest
    yea remember George's CFW needed OtherOS so you can install it, so i'm guessing George hasn't found a way to run it through the GameOS just yet.

    if TeamHades gets a CFW up and running it'll most likely be run through OtherOS first and then they will try to work on getting it running through the GameOS.

  9. #19
    Raze1988 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by livpool View Post
    yea remember George's CFW needed OtherOS so you can install it, so i'm guessing George hasn't found a way to run it through the GameOS just yet.
    Yeah, but according to one of his posts, he can access a SPU to sign his code. I wonder why he hasn't done it. Maybe it didn't work like he thought.

  10. #20
    blood911 Guest
    As always I must ask... what does this mean? Does this mean TeamHades has accomplished something new since their last news piece; and is this close to running custom firmware that EgoHot does not want to release?

Page 2 of 4 First 123 ... Last

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in