Hey there.

So... you use an ad blocker. That's cool. Sometimes we do too.

But without ad revenue, we wouldn't even be here. And we might not be here much longer.

Please disable your ad blocker and click to continue.

Lightbulb interesting PS3 freeze & error msg

ok well aparently there is a MAJOR issue when trying to use playon to watch hulu & apparently is due to the GOW 3 disk being in the system when trying to play... something about deep DLNA folders.

but, when i eject GOW3 & try to watch hulu evrything is fine... if i exit a show & put the disk back in & try to play a show again from hulu, the PS3 freezes to a black screen, controller does nothing... holding the ps button actually makes the lights on the controller flash & then the controller tunrs off, & THEN when you try to push the ps button again the controller doesnt even light up...

i then have to shut down the ps3 with touch button on the console (holding it in..) upon A reboot i get a msg saying the ps3 wasnt shut dopwn porperly, do i want to send it to sony blah blah blah...

here is a thread from playon reg the GOw3: http://www.playon.tv/forum/media-dev...lve-ps3-freeze

Oh & i have a launch 60gb (US)
    fw- 3.15

I don't know if this could be useful... but i never seen the ps3 freeze like this before.

i neither got gow3 or playon...but i found another freeze, which easy to redo and would/should work on any ps3.

what you need is your ps3 workin online with the webbrowser (my ps3 fw is 3.15) just go there: flashcrash.dempsky.org

it will freeze... its a bug related to the flashplugin... this bug is known for a long time...

too bad i don't know anything about flash

else i'd go for a try...