02-02-2010 #81TUHTA Guest
ok and can i use 120 oHm resistor? I don't have 121ohm resistor im my store and in my home!
02-02-2010 #82jayjo Guest
02-02-2010 #83SCE Guest
OK I have finally found a shop.
CD4016BE DIPTEXAS INS. DIP
NE555P DIP8 TEXAS INS.
Searched for CD4016BE got CD4016BC. Will there be differences?
And what about NE555P ?
02-02-2010 #84jayjo Guest
02-02-2010 #85SCE Guest
02-02-2010 #86int0 Guest
Anyone already tired this if it's working 100%? also GeoHot said it should be like <= 40ns.
geohot: that pulses low for 40ns
02-02-2010 #87TUHTA Guest
ok i got! So i bought:
- 120oHm Resistor!
1) So now i need help with... How to program NE555 to 40ns? And what i need to use to program it? do i need cable or something to connect it to PC to programm it?
2) So and i just need to assemble it and connect to ps3? and thats it?
3) And do i need hold button or just at once?
4) And where it will dump hypervisor?
i finally need some help and i will GET DUMP!! Answer please! I'm soldering it now)
02-02-2010 #88XSamurai Guest
Thats a good Tut to understand the way of proceeding but I think we should wait for titanmkd to recompile the exploit for latest linux kernels (YDL 6.2), so you or any of the Devs can give the exploit some sense by adding the code to dump the HV.
When we have the Software side we should try it with the selfmade 40ns board thats floating around here in the forums, think TUHTA want give it a try The parts you need for this are <1€ !!!
Think when we have this three things done everybody can give it a try and hopefully this means a lot of HV Dumps for the Devs to play with.
Oh and someone should write an nice guide with the final software/hardware parts we are using. The more End-user (End-user with solder skills and the possibility to open up a PS3 System) friendly we create it the more Dumps we can get!
02-02-2010 #89int0 Guest
Opening your PS3
ok here is some photos:
What srewdriver do you need(CR-VT10 1mm):
All inside screws are "+"
And what will happen with the sticker if you will remove it:
Didn't try to warm it up but probably it will not help removing it with out trace.
02-02-2010 #90Mdiv Guest
1) The 121 ohm resistor and 300pF capacitor set the pulse time for the 555 chip ( time (40nS) = ln(3) *R (121Ohms) * C (300pF) ). No need to connect to a computer.
2) Build the circuit in stages, unless you have an oscilloscope you won't be able to test the circuit.
3) Press the button once for each attempt.
4) The exploit doesn't dump the hypervisor, you need to ask someone how to do that once you have done the exploit successfully.